VeeDub_NZ

24v coilover setup

Hi guys,

I have just put a 24v BDE VR6 motor in my corrado with 5 speed VR6 02A box.

I was previously running (crap) V-Maxx coilovers with my 16v and wound all the way down I found them not quite low enough (and they were uncaptive).

Wheels are 16x8 and 16x8.5 bbs rs003 with 195/40 and 195/45 rubber.

I'm looking for height & damper adjustable coilovers, thinking perhaps KW V2s or FK Konigsports. Can anyone recommend any coilovers that they have used in a 24v rado? Must go low and must be height & damper adjustable.

Here is a pic of the car at the moment with wiring left before putting back together. I'm also in Auckland, New Zealand so if anyone can recommend a place to buy from that has competetive pricing and will send to me here that'd be excellent!

IMG_0264.jpg

Edited by VeeDub_NZ

I've looked through many of your posts and I admire your build! Thanks for the heads up on the V3s, if I had the budget they would definitely be my first choice. Unfortunately the build is costing me a bit so I want to spend no more than $1500 NZD (780 pounds incl. postage). Any other pointers would be awesome!!

Thank you sir :D

I just looked on the Australian ebay and my god the V3s have rocketed in price! Is importing from Oz an option for you or is importing from Europe / US just as easy / cheaper?

Bilstein B12 Pro kit? £600 GBP. An awesome suspension kit, but fixed struts, so not height adjustable unfortunately.

If you absolutely must have coilovers, I'm not sure what to suggest. Maybe the V2 if you can stretch to them? I've tried the V1 in a 2.8 24V Corrado and I wasn't impressed to be honest. They were under-damped and too harsh over bumps. The V3 dampers are completely different to the 1s and 2s and have a great ride, even with very stiff springs.

FK Konigs I've tried on a VR6 12V Supercharged and they weren't too bad but the quality is not as good as KW.