Sign in to follow this  
kebabman

Suspension

Trying to work out exactly what has been changed and what hasnt on my 122k '94 VR6. I've been looking at the shocks and they are red, still cleanish so im guessing not amazingly old, and I'm thinking that at the mileage my car has done the shocks are going to have been replaced at some point. I can't read anything on the front ones but the backs have SACHS stamped on them but thats about it.....are these the standard shocks? :?

Try the search engine.

The OE VR shocks are SACHS Advantage (gas over oil) shocks. They are good for 100k miles usually, but if you've any knocking or wheezing, they will need replacing.

You can buy them from GSF (fronts), or get BOGE Turbo Gas shocks in their place - I've been told by the manufacturer that they are identical.

Yeah red SACHs at the back and black SACHs at the front as standard.

AT 122K I would be surprised if they're the original factory ones but they are very hard wearing. I took mine off at 80K and still felt like they could have gone on for a bit longer.

Just fancied something a bit firmer.

K