CorradoWannabe

Krispy Kreme - New Malden, Surrey - Meet?

I'm still planning to be there unless the weather is absolutely appalling. Can only stay for an hour though due to taking my daughter somewhere.

Im Still aiming to Take a drive up there too unless the weather is really nasty.

I'll be there - rain or no rain - hope many of you can make it.

Any ideas about time? On Sunday they are open from 8am to 10pm! When do people want to meet? I'm thinking 10/11am - but I am very local where as others have further to travel - so open to suggestions of what works best for the most people.

I think 11 was already mentioned in the thread. Will be there, but might need lots of hot coffee if weather like today!

This Sunday is looking like a washout.Anyone thinking to re-schedule meet?

I'm still up for it. Despite washing the car the other day it will probably be filthy and muddy by then anyway as the golf is out of use at present. So may as well use it in the wet on Sunday too. I fancy a coffee and doughnuts anyway :)

i'm still up for meeting even if i did spend all day thursday polishing the car!

Ok,bought a Meguiars wash mit from Halfords this morning so be good excuse to use it! I will be there.

Hmm good point. I've never been there so not sure. A quick google maps satellite view doesn't show much cover though. Anyone been there?

I'll try and be there, knackered after spending all day in the scrapyard though!

Need to drop past GSF first as I seem to have acquired a fairly substantial coolant leak...again...

Stone

I'm still up for making the trip over.

I'll try and be there, knackered after spending all day in the scrapyard though!

Need to drop past GSF first as I seem to have acquired a fairly substantial coolant leak...again...

Stone

Are GSF open on a sunday?

I've got an unopened bottle of g12 as I was going to do a coolant swap shortly. I will bring it with me and if you're really stuck you can have it for the price of a replacement bottle.

Are GSF open on a sunday?

Mine are :) Think I'm ok for coolant, thanks for the offer though. That said, if someone could demonstrate the ninja no-drain quick-swap method on my yellow sender I'll buy them a doughnut! I've got a new one but am not dexterous enough to take the shortcut...

Stone

Ill go if theres a few coming... But is there any space where we can stand out of the rain?

From review sites, there appears to be inside cafe as well as takeaway. Let's hope there is. I am still coming, but if little cover, may not be staying too long.

Well it peed down but the turnout was surprisingly good. Sorry I had to leave after an hour.

I think we did OK :D Rain let up after an hour or so, so we still had a chance to do the engine-bay tour.

The locals seemed a bit confused :lol:

krispykreme1.jpg

Stone

Really glad I went. It was a great turnout considering lousy weather. Nice seeing you all again or meeting you for the first time. See you all at where ever we next meet, including CCGB National Day if you are going.

Tony

As the proposer for this event I felt it my duty to write up a brief summary of today's event - along with some photos:

CORRADO MEET @ KRISPY KREME - NEW MALDEN

Today was probably one of the wettest days of the year. For many it was a day of being curled up in front of the sofa watching TV. For a group of about 10 men (and a few kids), however, their time was spent drinking coffee, eating doughnuts, and standing outside in the pouring rain huddled around Corrado engine bays. The weather was dire. There was one 5 minute break in the rain - after which it started again extra hard to make up for it. Despite this the turn out, and spirits, were high and everyone was in good form. People had travelled from different places. Longest journey was about 2 hours, and the shortest a 5 minute walk - which was by my dad who came down to check out cars.

Personal highlights I remember were:

- Discussion on why VR6 Autos are the best (Courtesy of Stone)

- Group therapy by sharing Corrado electrical issues

- Bit of chat on sunroofs

- Hearing plans of a VW Polo + VR6 engine project

- Watching the reaction of the guy doing a survey for KK customers when he heard how far some had travelled to buy a doughnut!

- Getting a greeting from the store manager who did leave me her details and offered to support us if we wanted a follow up meet [i'll definitely follow up on this one]

- Some wiper chat - me realising the 'Lupo GTi' mod is very old and I need to catch up on things!

- Going back in to buy coffee #2 to help defrost from being outside in the rain and wind for an hour

- Watching a load of guys brave the elements through just passion and enjoyment of Corrados!

- Nice little drive up the A3 with a couple of other owners before going home

Really nice to meet you guys - and I was very impressed by how many turned up, some driving for hours to be there, despite the worst of the weather.

Ironically, of course, right now there is bright sunshine here and blue clouds, just a few hours after the meet! There will be another one - so watch this space.

Cheers everyone

Arif

PS - I have full resolution versions of the photos - so if any of you want some better quality versions of any of the pics gimme a PM and i'll send them over