bmcc

Alternator for a G60

is there any other cars out there with same alternator for a g60? as no g60 in any local scrapyards, and was wondering if any other car has same or if i can put another one in

As an alternative thought for your situation. The majority of alternator failures are due to worn brushes on the regulator. So indeed if your unit is ok bearings wise and the rectifier is also fine the you could effect a repair by the inexpensive replacement of the reg. just a thought, if it helps, as the G60 alternator I believe is unique to that application. I am sure however that given the number of breaking Corrados, sadly, you will soon be offered a used replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it's unique. It has a longer body where it fixes to the engine compared to the rest of the 8v range.

As already stated you can get them refurbished or just change the bushes. GSF stock the bushes but I would go genuine bosch all the time as I've had issues with GSF ones in the past.

Alternatively I do have a really good G60 one up for sale. PM me if you're interested.