Sign in to follow this  
Fingers

Fog lights

Does anybody have the wiring diagrams for the lights.

I was wondering if it is possible to take out the connection that means you have both front and rear fogs on - so that you can use the front ones more a 'driving' lights, as you see on more modern cars. 8)

Im sure that you can use just the fronts on their own, just as long as you have your healights on the first click at least.

Its only when you switch the rears on that both front and rear ones come on together isnt it?

yup, fronts can be used by themselves....but be warned.... if mr Plod sees you and is in a bad mood he will pull you over...

i see plenty of twats driving round with just side lights and fog lights..the fogs are not designed to be used all the time.. if your having trouble seeing in the dark, get yourself an uprated loom and brighter bulbs.

oh and put your fogs on for more than 5 seconds and the lenses will crack with the heat!!!! nice design VW

yup, fronts can be used by themselves....but be warned.... if mr Plod sees you and is in a bad mood he will pull you over...

i see plenty of twats driving round with just side lights and fog lights..the fogs are not designed to be used all the time.. if your having trouble seeing in the dark, get yourself an uprated loom and brighter bulbs.

I agree totally with Jedi and Dazzy... leave it to the 'Bimmer / Clio / Corsa / list goes on... boys'. Although they do look nice on....

A: Mr Plod will not be happy, and when he does pull you, will treat you as though you ARE one of them boy racers, which means he wont be very friendly or sympathetic to anything you have to say. (I left mine on by mistake once, and the cop was a right git. I deserved it tho for leaving them on i guess!)

B: Everyone else will look at you and think "boy racer"

If you want more light, get the loom of Gav.

Sh$t, i never knew there was such a stigma involved with having the fogs on :oops: I HATE boy racers, so that is the last time i put mine on at night.

Thank god i learnt it here and not through a Manchester copper!!!! :wink:

the fogs look crappy and yellow anyway... just get a good set of bulbs and make your own loom, or buy one off gav and all will become clear as.....well as clear as a good set of bosch bright blue bulbs 8)

the fogs look crappy and yellow anyway...

You are spot on about that, they do look yellow, especially since i had the loom and better bulbs.

Mine look really yellow even though they're brand new..... but that's 'cos they've got yellow hint bulbs in them which are more effective in Fog! :lol: 8)

Even if you rewire them to be driving lights, you'd then have to change the lenses as they've got the wrong beam shape to be driving lights so you'd get pulled over regularly by the police... :roll:

I seem to have opened a BIG can of worms with this one. :shock:

I also (seanoVR) had no idea there was a boy racer hate thing. Glad I asked first......

I was going to buy some new bulbs but didn't in the end because it meant having to buy sides and mains, so that they match and even then the fogs are the wrong colour. :(

So I think I will leave well alone. If it a'nt broke......