nlau1

Fan Spray Washer Jets

Does anyone know if there are any "fan spray" washer jets from newer VAG cars that fit the Corrado?

not really, they sit under the bonnet edge on newer cars so you'd have to cut the bonnet seal to fit them on a corrado, I've seen it done on one corrado but it didn't look great IMO, fine if you want a smooth bonnet but a bit of a bodge for the spray nozzle fitting.

Thanks for that David, it's just with the weather it's been lately, the standard jets don't offer anywhere near enough coverage of the screen!

Never had a problem with the standard washer jets + the nice expensive VAG concentrate. So long as the jets are angled correctly, coverage is plenty I find. It's all part of the original Corrado charm :D

If you lucky a company called trillogy made some fan style washer jets

418kN0nUV7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg/

We have one set left here at work but trillogy have gone under so there wont be any more. I cant comment on how good or bad they are as i havent used em, I keep getting tempted to have a go with em but mine work fine so havent bothered!

I have fitted mk4 Golf fan jets to my carbon bonnet. These are fitted discretely under the bonnet do as they are not easily seen. They work brilliantly, and can't see why one could not fit them just as easily to a steel bonnet.56b7c21d-148e-8560.jpg56b7c21d-14b4-e7f6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure top end Peugeot 406's had the scooshers on the wiper blade as well as Citroen C8's, if that helps. Must be lots of them at scrappies!

Heated part??

ALL Corrado's have heated wsher jets, even the very early ones. :) they just tend not to work after 20 years under the bonnet getting covered in water lol!

ALL Corrado's have heated wsher jets, even the very early ones. :) they just tend not to work after 20 years under the bonnet getting covered in water lol!

well theres a new thing i learnt today.

Next step is to test if mine are miraculously working

Well we certainly are experiencing cold enough weather at present to test heated windows, door mirrors and indeed washer jets. Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well theres a new thing i learnt today.

Next step is to test if mine are miraculously working

If they are working, a frosty bonnet will show them up as they melt the frost. They also feel warm when heating. They never switch off when the ignition is switched on. Fuse 14, 10 amps.

Sadly if the originals, they are long gone. It was/is a poor design inside. The windscreen wash easily leaks into the electrical part and soon corrodes the two contact discs that generate the heating.

Have fan jets on the new daily. Not really impressed with them. Seem to be more easily deflected when driving at higher speeds above 50 mph so nothing goes towards the top of the windscreen.

I've got a Polo 6n, T reg so fairly late, has fan jet washer jets that look the same as Corrado ones.

I'll take a pic at some point.