nlau1

Philips X-treme Vision

Hey Guys,

Just thought I'd post about the Philips X-treme Vision bulbs I just fitted to my VR. The difference they make is incredible. I was using Halfords Brilliance bulbs on a standard headlight loom, and the improvement since fitting the X-treme Visions is incredible. They give a nice crisp white light and the distance of the beam is now almost doubled. These bulbs pretty much negate the need for an uprated loom, the lights on my car are now on par with my mums new 6R Polo!

Definitely worth an investment. Supposedly, they retail at £45 but I got mine from eBay for £17 with p&p.

Thanks for the tip, been wondering about mine on the last few night trips but would rather not hack my loom up to uprate it just yet. I ordered these ones :)

Stone

Looked around for such bulbs and seems there are 3 types: H1, H4 and H7. Checked spec on them and they all say 12V and 55W, so what is the difference? And which ones we should look for?

In another thread someone said they tried swapping the high beams and it didn't make much difference. Mine are bright enough even without an uprated loom (if I could drive around with them on full beam all the time it'd be fine!) so I'm just going to swap the normal ones and see how much better it gets :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PHILIPS-X-TREME-EXTREME-VISION-H4-NEW-HEADLIGHT-BULBS-/230666121017?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35b4c5af39#ht_2331wt_1288

Thats probably as cheap as you'll find them off ebay.

They really do make a massive difference even on the standard headlight loom. Its not exactly 100% brighter as the packaging would have you believe but its the length of the beam that makes the biggest difference.

Thanks for the tip, been wondering about mine on the last few night trips but would rather not hack my loom up to uprate it just yet. I ordered these ones :)

Stone

if you buy one of the uprated looms from on here (KUR2Y) you dont have to "hack" your loom !

with the extreme bulbs + loom = unbelievable !!

• Like 1

Yep, relayed circuit and higher output bulbs is very good, you also see something of a tail off in output from new bulbs over six months or so, but much less noticeable with a a relayed setup

if you buy one of the uprated looms from on here (KUR2Y) you dont have to "hack" your loom !

with the extreme bulbs + loom = unbelievable !!

If you read the thread, he's run out of OEM connectors so you can only fit it by splicing ;)

Stone

Will order a set of these - I had Bosch +90 bulbs before and they were great. Does any one know if the sidelight and brake bulbs they sell are brighter as well ?

Well, mine turned up - bit of a pain to fit as the middle (submerged) screw is rusted solid on my nearside light so I had to do it all with the light fitted and battery in the way! Huge difference though, much bigger pool of light on the road immediately in front of the car and the beam seems to go about twice as far. Not quite so terrifying at night any more!

Definitely worth the purchase.

Stone

Hey Guys,

Just thought I'd post about the Philips X-treme Vision bulbs I just fitted to my VR. The difference they make is incredible. I was using Halfords Brilliance bulbs on a standard headlight loom, and the improvement since fitting the X-treme Visions is incredible. They give a nice crisp white light and the distance of the beam is now almost doubled. These bulbs pretty much negate the need for an uprated loom, the lights on my car are now on par with my mums new 6R Polo!

Definitely worth an investment. Supposedly, they retail at £45 but I got mine from eBay for £17 with p&p.

Just thought I'd say thanks for the heads up on these, bought a set after reading this thread and I'm very impressed!

Brighter more white beam that definately shines further down the road!

Well worth the £14 on eBay!

No worries! Glad to be of help. I just thought I'd have a gamble on them as a last resort before hacking up my headlight loom and it seems to have paid off well!