peterdinosaur

Fitting my new alloys. Problems :(.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52041[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52045[/ATTACH]

These are my new alloys on my car. And as you can see they don't quiet fit under the arches.

The wheels are 17 x 8" at front 17 x 8.5" at the rear. ET is low (don't actually no tbh, probably around 15-20)

I am looking for advise on getting them under the arches. I have looked at camber shims for the rear, and the possibility of stretching the tyres. (Currently 215 40 17).

Any help would be great!

Many Thanks

Peter

8,5 with low ET never fit in arches, change alloys or pull the arches, only options you have to be honest.

Sorry but going to have to agree with emu, you can either reshape the arches and I don't mean just roll the arches... we're talking about some serious remodelling or buy some new wheels.

Looking at them though, the tyres on the 8.5's don't look like 215's. I used to run 205's on a 7" wheel and they didn't look anywhere near that square on the rim! You sure they are 215's on the back? You could think about taking the wheel down to an engineering firm and getting them to take a few mm off the rear face of the wheel to increase the offset. If they are 3 piece you could also think about changing the dish to something smaller.

If you can find out the exact et and tyre size you could put it in http://www.willtheyfit.com and do some calculations

I agree with emu and swiftkid, either buy new wheels or get arch work done. But as swift said thats some serious arch work to get them to sit under the arch. Would be cheaper to buy new wheels.

Can you send them back and swap for a different ET - assuming theyre new and do a higher ET.

They are image 3 piece splits. Couldn't tell you which image design it is as it looks similar to so many. Afraid they where bought secondhand (I know I should have checked the fitting better) but may still contact image and see if they have any ideas. Otherwise shall look into the other suggestions here and see where to go from there. Oh and the rear tyre is 215, just checked.

Many Thanks

Peter

I would have thought they would have the spec stamped on the back of the wheels. I'm just thinking that if you really wanted to keep the wheels, going to something like a 195/40 or even 35 profile tyre would be a start as those 215's just look massive on those wheels.

If they are 3 piece can you not just get different lips for the wheels from Image. I suspect it wont be cheap but Id rather do that than start hacking at bodywork. Making a car fit to the wheels it has is not right in my eyes.

Yep, start again :/ just dont get why so many people faff about with wheels that are miles off fitting.

Wow just actually looked at the pics on 1st page lol! you gotta be kidding!

Edited by KIPVW

Hahaha, Thanks for everyone looking and helping. I am going to side with the it just wont fit option. Did have my suspicions when I first put them on but also hoped a little trickery could have made them fit, but as you all say it would involve a lot of work, which tbh aint worth it. Thanks again, and if anyone is looking for some alloys which really don't fit a corrado you know who to message!! :)

if there 3 piece they wont have width stamped will they? cause the dish would be changeable and could be any width at all but i agree those tyres dont look like 215 on an 8.5 :/ , I think it might be better to sell and get some different wheels or see if you can have something taken off the back of the wheel, I wouldnt go down the line of having the arches remodelled to fit them you would loose all the shape of the arches..