dragon green

Fog light help !!

When I put the car in reverse, the foglight warning light comes on ! All the lights have been out, the bodyshop put them in,and they all work on the switch, has anybody got any ideas ?

Check the earth connections on your lighting system. It is most likely that you have a back bleed of current from a poor earth return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be a wrong bulb. I put a mono-filament bulb in one of the rear indicators by mistake once and it made the fogs come on with the brakes! :lol:

Changed all the bulbs,and all the bulb holders,replaced the reversing switch. When the car is put into reverse,the warning light comes on (fogs) the reversing lights are only on dim,like there is a short ! but not enough to blow a fuse !

Also when you put the demister switch on,the fog warning comes on !

All fogs work like they should. Have checked all earths,if the demister wires have been put on the wrong way,could that do it ?

Going to change the switches, just to rule that out,

Any ideas ? Or tips will be gratefully accepted !

Finally resolved the problem today !

When it was resprayed,the tailgate was taken off.Mainly for ease of prep and painting!

The tailgate is earthed through the hinges (i believe lol) mine wasnt earthing properly.

Instead of disturbing the hinges,i ran a new earth wire from the main earth point(by the spoiler) up through the tailgate

into the roof,down a C pillar into the boot !

I earthed it onto one of the rear light bolts with an extra nut,

Posting this,on the slight chance someone else has the problem,and knows how to use the search !!