Sign in to follow this  
jgtis

Just trashed side trimms, now what

Was pulling in to the garge, it was tight cos some prick was in the way, caught side trims on the side of garage door and took a chunk out of the rear one, and scarped the door trim, NOW WHAT!

What you reckon, should i remove them? Whats the best way, with a hair dryer?

Cheers..

Removing them will make the sides look cleaner and yeah it's fairly easy if you're gentle with them and use a hair dryer to soften the glue,... but if I was you I'd replace it with a new one - just think, if it wasn't there then it'd have been your door :?

GPC in Luton can get them. Do a google search.

Only snag is, the new one will stand out next to the old ones. I colour coded mine to get round that problem :mrgreen:

gpc dont do the rear ones because there no longer avalible,i wanted a full set for mine but could only get the doors and front ones :( ,cleaned the back ones up and they dont look bad 8)

i painted mine also. althou i didn't take them off. also painted head light surround, grill wing mirror surround and removed nd painted that roof trim, all black and lacured. i got fed up getting polish on them.