XIII

Replica Walbro?

Sorry if wrong category.

Has anyone had any experience with replica Walbro fuel pumps? Replica is easier to acquire for me and almost half the price. But is it half the quality, or still worth checking out?

Thanks.

For the benefit of everyone else: http://realorfakeitem.com/real-vs-fake/walbro-255-lph-fuel-pump-id30

Considering a genuine GSS340 pump only costs £100, is it worth even considering a fake one? Why do people continue to take risks with the important parts of engine tuning? If you can afford to blow an engine finding out, go ahead :D

For the benefit of everyone else: http://realorfakeitem.com/real-vs-fake/walbro-255-lph-fuel-pump-id30

Considering a genuine GSS340 pump only costs £100, is it worth even considering a fake one? Why do people continue to take risks with the important parts of engine tuning? If you can afford to blow an engine finding out, go ahead :D

Thanks for the link, much appreciated.

I'm a young person in bull**** economy - there is no "only £100".

In euros, the replica is 60€ and the original about 150€. So the price difference is huge.

Even though the price difference is huge, and in many cases that shows the difference in quality, it isn't always like that. For all I know the replica could be made in the same factory, with the same materials, and the "Walbro" engraving costs 90€ extra.

If I wanted to blow an engine to finding it out, I wouldn't ask opinions about it. :smug:

But yeah, judging by the link you provided, I'd be better of with the original :rolleyes: