thecorradokid

Electrical Problem, PLEASE HELP :(

Hi guys, finally got back on the forum, not been lurking on here for a while.

Ok, so LAST January (2011) i made the mistake of uprating the bulbs in my corrado without uprating the loom, and, you guessed it... The loom burnt out! :( Sad times right!

However... i have now finally got round to getting the old headlight loom out and a brand new one banged in ready to go! :) Ive also bought an uprated look to run the higher voltage bulbs up front (so it wont happen again)

HOWEVER.. one problem still remains, since the "burn out" happend i have lost the power to my Sterio, My heater blower and my Sun roof.

I have checked the wiring and there are no other damaged wires, i have also checked the 20 small fuses under the dash and they are all fine!!

ANY IDEA WHAT IT COULD BE CAUSING THIS PROBLEM??

Is there another fuse box somewhere in the car other then the one under the dash? Or is there a relay or something i should be checking???

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks in advance :)

Corrado Kid....

Hi mate, do you have a leccy test light or volt meter?

What I would do is have the ignition on, and check for voltage on the fuses (while plugged in obviously) and then unplug them and check each pin in the actual fuse box where they sit for voltage.

If you have both pins on a single fuse position dead (one on each fuse position should be), you can then work your way back from there to see where you find 12v.

I believe it's fuse 4 for the sunroof, 6 for the heater, and fuse 22 for the stereo.

But as they are on partly different circuits it looks as though something else may have gone, relay perhaps? Load reduction relay maybe? or another burnt wire somewhere.

Neil.

Cheers fella.

Im a bit out of my depth as far as electrics go. but ill try and give that a go.

One thing though, you said fuse 22. My fuse box only goes upto 20? Its an Early Corrado 16v (if that makes any difference?)

Ah it may be that mines a later G60, but the fuse 22 position may be sitting on top/above the fuse box. It should be listed on the reverse of your fuse box cover so it will be best to check that in all honesty.

This is what I use for simple voltage testing: Clip the crocodile clip onto an earth and away you go poking around.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52957[/ATTACH]