Portent

Pictures of door triangles with tweeters in them?

I'm trying to decide whether to put components or full range speakers into the front. If I put components in then I'd probably put the tweeters into the door triangles by the mirrors. Any pictures to show how intrusive they look would be appreciated. Thanks.

Here's mine, dont find them I intrusive at all to be honest they just disappear into the greyness lol...

attachment.php?attachmentid=47045&d=1306619852

realise its not the question you've asked, but i've cut some tweeter holes right next to the existing speakers in the plastic door pocket, hardly noticeable and almost OEM looking. no pics, but could nip out in the garage to get one if you wanted to consider it.

realise its not the question you've asked, but i've cut some tweeter holes right next to the existing speakers in the plastic door pocket, hardly noticeable and almost OEM looking. no pics, but could nip out in the garage to get one if you wanted to consider it.

Do you mean in the door pod itself or in the door panel? If in the pod then thanks but pictures not needed as I will be putting audioscapes in there so don't want too cut into them.

not what you want i don't think, but a picture saves a thousand words :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53949[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the pic. I do prefer them there but unfortunately I won't be cutting mine up.

Its not a bad place to have em for convenience sake but sound wise you'd be far better off having em in the mirror triangle thingys or the a pillars.

Do you mean in the door pod itself or in the door panel? If in the pod then thanks but pictures not needed as I will be putting audioscapes in there so don't want too cut into them.

tweeters at floor level isn't the best position though, the Corrado has dash speaker grilles so why not use that location???, it's what VW did with the factory tweeters and that's where I put my Infinity tweeters, the space isn't much good for anything else anyway as you can only fit a 4" driver in there.

As above I have some JBL 4" in there (dash) with crossovers. Those tweeters on the door triangles look pretty good though location wise.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53957[/ATTACH]

tweeters at floor level isn't the best position though, the Corrado has dash speaker grilles so why not use that location???, it's what VW did with the factory tweeters and that's where I put my Infinity tweeters, the space isn't much good for anything else anyway as you can only fit a 4" driver in there.

I find the tweeters are too bright in that position. Sound reflecting off the glass I guess...

Get 2nd pair of a pillar triangles and mount the tweeter base on it, then get some tights and glass fibre and make it look factory!

Real OEM+ ;)

That was the plan Rob but I'm pretty sure I'll just screw em in and leave em at that as I always change my set up which would render any builds useless.

You lot are mad, I just this morning returned my dash speakers to stock because the previous owner had done this to them! :lol:

corrado-alpinetweeters.jpg

I replaced them with some Pioneer tweeters out of a Mk3 Golf GTI at the scrapyard, cost pence and they aren't taking over the dash any more :)

Stone

From a sq point of view those aren't a bad idea to be honest lol. Better ten havin the tweeters fire at the windscreen

You lot are mad, I just this morning returned my dash speakers to stock because the previous owner had done this to them! :lol:

corrado-alpinetweeters.jpg

I replaced them with some Pioneer tweeters out of a Mk3 Golf GTI at the scrapyard, cost pence and they aren't taking over the dash any more :)

Stone

if that is on the side next to the a pillar its not like its right in your face

True, but also one of them didn't work (and they've gone obsolete at Alpine) so they needed changing. Much better now I have stereo again!

Thanks guys. Think I will give it a try on the triangles. I looked at the golf today and that's exactly where vw have put the tweeters and I do like the sound in that car. So it seems the right place for them. I just don't want them to look like cheap items stuck on.