v8rumbler

First aid kit on e-bay

I reckon Kev's got it spot on with the 4 camps, I started out 4 years ago as a modified rado nut but as time goes on I'm leaning towards OEM+...

The 'modifying camel hump' :D

You buy a standard car and all is good with the world. You get bored, start tweaking. Then at the top of the hump where you've taken it as far as you physically and financially can, you get bored again and realise VW got it right after all, and start coming back down the hump again :D

I'm half way down and falling into the OEM+ camp now. I like my modded suspension because for me the standard VR6 is too underdamped and way too lofty. But everything else is standard now or retro fitted parts from newer VWs.

It's just a Corrado thing. Something about it just draws out an obsession, as Kip can testify! Other cars I've owned and still own don't get anywhere near as much attention! Or my missus :D

Yes i feel there are a few categories and Kev has summed it up nicely, thing is a lot of people think i'm against modding a car, that is very not the case i can assure you, i would love to drop mine 30mm and have some 17 borbet C's on.

The only time it grates me is when some of our fellow owners think appearance over function and more seriously safety, i mean these suspension kits for less than £200. whats that all about :lol: and when they drop them so low it keeps hitting the sump Eh! :lol!

We are indeed a funny old bunch! :)

Edited by KIPVW

The only time it grates me is when some of our fellow owners think appearance over function and more seriously safety, i mean these suspension kits for less than £200. whats that all about :lol: and when they drop them so low it keeps hitting the sump Eh! :lol!

Even the expensive suspension kits set that low are more of a hinderance than a help! If an aftermarket part doesn't improve the car in any way, or provide a useful function, it doesn't get fitted :D

It's like the original VDO guages. I love all that stuff. Fills a hole in the console and provides a useful function. It ticks a box in concourse (OE option), it ticks the OEM+ box and covers the modifying and standard boxes quite nicely too.

We are indeed a funny old bunch! :)

We certainly are! You can guarantee when ever a First Aid thread comes up, you'll get comments from all the camps :D What's that old saying? Never the twain shall meet? Go to any show and you'll have the low riding bassers corner. You'll have your OEM and concourse corner and you'll have everyone else. I've been guilty of taking the pee in the past and referring to the club as picnic blanket carrying bolt polishers and what not, but at the end of the day we all love the same car. It's funny the divides you get inside a common interest!

Indeed, I think i learned to accept and be more diplomtic in my life in general since becoming chairman of the ccgb :lol:

Before that if it wasn't what my ideals were i'd have shot them down in flames, i wonder if thats because i'm getting older too? but it has definately made me have to think about other people decissions/opinnions before giving my own.

I'ts still quite normal for me to completely & utterly disagree sometimes though. :lol:

However this below is taking the pi55 :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-CORRADO-ORIGINAL-FIRST-AID-KIT-STILL-PLASTIC-VERY-RARE-G60-16V-8V-VR6-UK-/220955772570?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3371fd869a

^^^thats what i don't like about the VW scene, some kid in womans jeans will buy it on his credit card or student loan, then post pics on various forums of his £100 original rare first aid kit. Thinking it adds £100 to the value of his car :lol:

£100!!! Holy sheet. Thing is though, how can you prove it's actually a First Aid kit VW put in the arm rest 16+ years ago? There's no 535 Corrado specific part number on it either!

While we're on the subject, if anyone wants an original 1995 sales brochure for their collection, get in contact :D

While we're on the subject, if anyone wants an original 1995 sales brochure for their collection, get in contact :D

:lol: I have 3 already I think.

What have I started :lol: Maybe it's just from being sent on all the health & safety courses but I'd feel like a right berk if I stopped at an accident and was the only person with a first-aid kit in the car, but it was 20 years old and mouldy. Or if I couldn't bring myself to open it!

I like to think of mine as OEM+ because I've just replaced everything with uprated versions as it's needed fixing. If I'm honest though it's heading towards show car territory at a dangerous speed, and I know I'll end up being put in the chav section :D

Stone