fla

changing brake fluid reservoir

I have managed to acquire a very nicely cleaned brake fluid reservoir which i want to swop for mine. The existing one is not bad at all, just that this one looks nicer! Any tips on swopping over - i'm hoping to avoid 1)having to re-bleed everything again and of course 2) spilling any brake fluid...

if none, then i'll stick with the grubby one and have to sell this one i suppose :(

You'll have to bleed it again as there's no way you won't get air into it - it sits into the top of the master cylinder. Use a large syringe to empty it and dispose of the fluid carefully. You'll also need to bleed the clutch as it is fed from an outlet on the side of the reservoir. If you use a pressure bleeder, it won't be any hassle. Also make sure that you have the brake proportioning valve on the rear beam locked open when you bleed it/ Hope this helps/

OK thanks. Scrap that idea - one thing I really detest is brakes/hydraulics bleeding. I'll just generally clean up the one on there instead.