Rear passenger side glass window and rear screen

Hi all

After the above please....

Only looking for perfect examples

Let me know what you have please.

Cheers

Rams

Clear or green tint..?

Have a rear window in green tint, still in a rear quarter. You're welcome to come remove yourself as they are a bit of a :fist: to get out in one piece.

Also a tailgate with good glass.

Pics on request.

Is standard green tint?

I bought the driverside rear glass from Pat - new and think its green so I will need the passenger side to be green also.

Do you want a passenger door in return?

My sister gets back from her travels soon and she lives in London and I will need to make an effort to visit her so could pop up sometime?

I have some weld burns etched into my rear screen and it bugs me. The passenger side rear glass is not so important as mine is fine but wondering if it will be damaged when they remove it. The last time they didnt but they damaged the driverside rear rubber.

Cheers

Not wanting to rain on your parade, but I think you will be very lucky to extract a rear side glass without damage. These windows are encapsulated into the surrounding rubber, and bonded in. It is not an impossible task, but highly likely to generate damage. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the past I've seen someone actually cut the metalwork around the rear glass in order to extract them when removing from a scrap shell!

Hi ,i have good glass in the 16v i'm breaking,your are well to come up & remove the quart glass. by cutting out the glass or cutting out the steel (then removing it from the glass).the t/gate is good too.

I'm based in gloucester.

I have a set of rear quarter glass I removed awhile ago I'll have a good look at them when I go to the garage tomorrow also have a set if rubbers removed from another car. I'll asses condition and try an get some pics, rear screen glass is quite hard to remove, but you can take a tailgate I have with a screen in it's had tint film on the inside. I'll not want much for that lot, Im in need of space in my garage. Located in Rotherham south Yorkshire. Pm or text me your email and I can send some pics, 07835027455

Seems like a good place to ask the question - I'm planning to have a glass-out respray this year, but I'm a bit worried they're going to smash the rear windows getting them out. I was going to have both of Stu's but he validated my fears by breaking one :lol:

What's the best method? I'm guessing they're obsolete now - go through a bunch of breaker cars trying to get them out whole, leave them in during the respray, prayer, voodoo sacrifice?

Stone

Wow this got busy fast.

Just to clarify, in the past I've simply cut around the window allowing much easier access to the nasty sealant/glue they are bonded in with as mentioned by others, also freeing any tension they may be under.

I thought however, this time I would have a crack at getting one out in one piece.

No such luck, had the glass loose and half out but one overzealous tweak and smash, into a million pieces it exploded.

Consequently, I haven't attacked the passenger side and merely chopped off the rear quarter with it still attached.

Window is green tint and in excellent condition, pics to follow later. Happy to cut out if required but would require deposit.

Hi all

After the above please....

Only looking for perfect examples

Let me know what you have please.

Cheers

Rams

I've got rear glass and both side windows, still in the car too. Your'e welcome to come and help remove them gently. I'm located nearish to London...