24V Renshaw

NEW Group Buy - VR6 Polyurethane engine mounts (PAYMENTS PLEASE)

I'll measure the shore at work tomorrow.

Matt

That would be good as I've had poly mounts before and they shook the dashboard! They were VF and Turn 2 ones. Not sure what Shure they were but I don't want to make the same mistake again. I'm always dubious of "No increase in vibration at all" claims from poly to be honest. I just think some people think 'some' vibration is acceptable and can't remember how smooth stock is.

Tempted to try them though, hmmm.....

Kev,

I'm running a solid mount at the front and there is no different that I have ever detected from standard. I could argue it's slightly rough at idle, but i actually put that down to my engine always being slightly rough on idle (not even rough, just not silky).

I'll be putting on the front one first and seeing how it goes, then the rear. Only prob with solid alloy front one was that you can't get it tight enough, mine came loose twice, with thread lock.

Go on... I also need to google this shore thing you're all on about!

That would be good as I've had poly mounts before and they shook the dashboard! They were VF and Turn 2 ones. Not sure what Shure they were but I don't want to make the same mistake again. I'm always dubious of "No increase in vibration at all" claims from poly to be honest. I just think some people think 'some' vibration is acceptable and can't remember how smooth stock is.

Tempted to try them though, hmmm.....

Kev - the previous group buy I did the lower rear mount was 70 shore and I think in hindsight a touch too hard, which is why i said to people if they want no extra cabin vibration to use the OEM lower rear, with all the rest poly.

I am now running all poly mounts with a 60 shore poly lower rear which is the same hardness as the upper ones and a 70 shore lower front to hold things a bit tighter and it genuinely feels no different to the OE ones in terms of vibration. Believe me I have swapped and changed them so often I know exactly what the changes feel like.

Carl you are added :)

Kev, let me know but if you are genuinely not happy you can have a refund ;)

Jay

As promised I measured the front engine mount rubber, Jay you were pretty much spot on with your figures, have you measured them before?, as the perforated rubber mount came out at 46 shore A.

Let me know if there are any other parts you want measuring.

Matt

I'm running a solid mount at the front and there is no different that I have ever detected from standard. I could argue it's slightly rough at idle, but i actually put that down to my engine always being slightly rough on idle (not even rough, just not silky).

The front mount is different because the cross member it sits on is isolated from the car by 4 rubber mountings ;) Solid mounts are not a wise idea though imo. I've seen fractured crossmembers and mount brackets caused by those. It's a 180 Kg engine, which snaps back and forth quite violently. The force has to be absorbed and dissipated somehow. If it isn't, something else will break instead. It's why car makers use rubber as an isolation medium in the first place :D

Kev - the previous group buy I did the lower rear mount was 70 shore and I think in hindsight a touch too hard, which is why i said to people if they want no extra cabin vibration to use the OEM lower rear, with all the rest poly.

I am now running all poly mounts with a 60 shore poly lower rear which is the same hardness as the upper ones and a 70 shore lower front to hold things a bit tighter and it genuinely feels no different to the OE ones in terms of vibration. Believe me I have swapped and changed them so often I know exactly what the changes feel like.

Carl you are added :)

Kev, let me know but if you are genuinely not happy you can have a refund ;)

Jay

Cheers Jay,

I'll give it some thought as I haven't got any standard front and rear mounts to use your poly inserts in. If I can find some s/hand for peanuts I'll probably go for it!

i have some standard rear mounts you can have Kev.

---------- Post added at 9:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:37 AM ----------

put me down for a set, and pm me the payment details.

do you need payment for these straight away Jay, if so pm me over your details and will pay for them later today.

karl

The front mount is different because the cross member it sits on is isolated from the car by 4 rubber mountings ;) Solid mounts are not a wise idea though imo. I've seen fractured crossmembers and mount brackets caused by those. It's a 180 Kg engine, which snaps back and forth quite violently. The force has to be absorbed and dissipated somehow. If it isn't, something else will break instead. It's why car makers use rubber as an isolation medium in the first place :D

I was waiting on my ticking off for having one from you Kev!

The gearchange when driving with gusto is great, but fully take your point - it really should have rubber. Come on peeps - I want mine soon!

i have some standard rear mounts you can have Kev.

---------- Post added at 9:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:37 AM ----------

do you need payment for these straight away Jay, if so pm me over your details and will pay for them later today.

karl

Same here.