britpop95

Any help on this airfilter friends???

Hello friends ive recently bought myself a 1996 corrado 2.0 8v. been reading the definitive air filter thread. There doesnt seem to be to much info on the 8v engine. ive found this induction kit http://www.ramair-filters.co.uk/shop/product.php?xProd=160&xSec=39 and was wondering would it fit my car. Im going off that its the same engine thats in the MK3 golf gti 8v so anyone reckon it will fit my corrado just the same??? cant find any other airfilter companies that do a induction kit for the 8v ??? thanks in advance guys

I put a cone filter on my old 8v and discovered a problem. The intake to the MAF was square but the filter was round, i did buy an adapter so you may need one of these. I may have it somewhere still if you need it - though not sure where the screws are for it.

I would imagine the ramfilter kit will fit the 8v rado if its for the mk3 golf - same engine isnt it, maybe someone can confirm that?

Ignore the adapter comment - i notice that the kit comes with one. :D

Edited by Critical_Mass

Just wanted to flag up that there's two different 8valve engines for the Corrado. 2E is usually fitted to 94 year models. Whilst 95 year models mostly received the ADY engine. Might be worth checking to be sure first.

I'm certainly not the man to converse with in regards to modifying, but I'm sure the topic must have been touched on in the past. Have a trawl through the search and see what pops up. It may also be worth checking other VW forums, as ADY is fitted to Golfs, Vans and some SEATs. Be keen to know how you get on.

Well thanks for the help guys much appriciated. Ye i did some reading up on engine codes and im pretty sure mine is a ADY engine. My car is actually a "N" reg and on the log book is down as a 1996. so being a very last corrado 8v im sure it must be ADY code. I shall order the ramair kit and let you know how i get on, must say it is very good on petrol indeed. This is my first corrado and this engine gives a great balance between performance and econamy.

---------- Post added 17th March 2012 at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was 16th March 2012 at 11:02 PM ----------

Can anyone very kindly explain/tell me the difference and wich one i have between OBD1 and OBD2 ?

All corrado's that have it are OBD1, some folk upgrade to 2 as apparently they run smoother.