emu

Would you swap for Audi S3 ??

I'm really not sure why people are comparing a Corrado and an S3. They are worlds apart and completely different generations of car. I see the S3 as the "better" car in most respects. Nowadays I'd suggest that people looking for a capable fast car don't consider a Corrado. That's not the point of the Corrado (any more).

The Corrado has a character and feel that has been lost on most modern cars. Yes an S3 can look fantastic and a tired Corrado not so. But an S3 is just a modern Audi like so many other cars and is something you're likely to repeatedly see on a motorway on almost any trip. But a Corrado is just "different" to modern cars.

I was on the M25 recently and every other car was a diesel this, or a BMW that, or an Audi of some description. Yes all great cars. But just average in character nowadays. They lack something that is hard to put my finger on.

Edited by Portent

The fuel economy is horendous on the subaru and the evo though, A mate of mine had both and just could not believe how bad they were even driven carefully, as with the 18t its not bad around town high 20s and easily into the high 30s on a run but only if driven carefully

Certainly no worse than a standard R32 :lol: I've mapped mine a bit more economically minded than VW do and it still struggles to better mid 20s. I don't care about fuel economy though. I buy performance cars for performance. If I wanted economy I'd buy a scooter or a 1.0 Panda :D

Ive had had a few Subaru's sti and wrx over time,yes they are good point to point cars but they are not jap reliable at all,they often throw big end shells when pushed and to replace them is a full engine out and strip down job....time consuming and costly!

Yeah that happens if you drive them like a c'nt.

The heading should be changed to whats better than a corrado ......

No the heading should be changed to "Can the people who don't normally frequent this forum stop coming on here just to stick up for arguably the dullest "performance" car Audi have ever made".

Lol,your still the same old key board warrior Kevin ...... Ha ha !

And you're not??? You're only on here to incite an argument, as per usual.....

Come on Kev... Your biting to easy !

I'm basing my " argument " based on owning theses cars and working on them on a day to day basis... What is yours ?

Cheers up Kev..

Just driving them. I don't need to own or work on them on a daily basis to know what they're like to drive. That was my 'argument' all along, how they drive, not what bits break. Everyone knows about the scoob's flat four weak spots, just like everyone knows 1.8Ts like to lunch coils and don't like running lean. I have owned a 1.8T, I have driven a MK5 R32, S3s, 4 Motions etc and own an R32 engined car. I think that's enough experience to fight my corner with :D

Everyone likes a good stir....

Good idea though, but I'd take the current shape S3 engine though please ;)

Stirring%20the%20sauce.jpg

Just driving them. I don't need to own or work on them on a daily basis to know what they're like to drive. That was my 'argument' all along, how they drive, not what bits break. Everyone knows about the scoob's flat four weak spots, just like everyone knows 1.8Ts like to lunch coils and don't like running lean. I have owned a 1.8T, I have driven a MK5 R32, S3s, 4 Motions etc and own an R32 engined car. I think that's enough experience to fight my corner with :D

So your basing your experiance on having a r32'd corrado lol, what the hell is that anything to do with a S3?? and if your corrado is so good to drive why did you mod it? was it not good enough? your like a politician,always got an answer to everything even if its a load of crap....

Im going to leave it there dont want to "stir" things up anymore ha ha.

anyway its nice to see your cheered up Kev :D

Audi s3 dullest car audi ever made? try driving an 80s audi 80! This post should read "anyone thats actually owned or currently owns an s3" he he. Under a grand spent on the suspension and even a stage 1 remap transforms these cars a stage 2 and big turbo gets near 400brake, There simple to work on and servicing is cheap if you diy, and coil packs are reliable now, How much would you need to spend on a corrado to bring it up to 400brake?