Anton Sobriquet

Dash centre plastic insert

Looking for multiple pristine plastic inserts that fit into the dash centre section to hold the stereo, heater control panel and ashtray.

Not sure whether these vary between early and late or between models but looking for a few of them for mods to a late VR.

Yes they do vary between the early and late models, can't remember the difference but there is one. I have a spare early one knocking about.

Could well be interested, mate, as I plan to cut them up and make a custom one so I can move the heater control panel. As long as the mountings for the early style heater control panel are the same as the late and are all intact I can probably make good use of it.

Any chance of a pic?

Sorry fo slow response, been busy with work and had to dig it out of my loft.

As can be seen in pic's it has some damage, however once fitted it you can't see the damage.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56585[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]56589[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]56593[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]56597[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]56601[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]56605[/ATTACH]

Edited by K Simmonds

No probs.

The heater control panel mounting and ashtray are different to my late version. I can possibly make use of the main frame but the rest isn't going to help me much, unfortunately.

How much would you want for it?

Bit steep. How's about £7.50?

Your recent breaking '96 VR thread offering mint black trim parts wouldn't include one of these frames, by any chance?

Bit steep. How's about £7.50?

Your recent breaking '96 VR thread offering mint black trim parts wouldn't include one of these frames, by any chance?

No, unfortunately not, sold that long, long ago for a lot of money. Ten years ago Corrado bit's were worth a mint.

I'm keeping the early one I have now for some of my own R&D, making a kit to fit Three VDO gauges to the bottom storage hole. Like this but in RHD or LHD, the Stainless fixings are going to be replaced with anodised Black ones. Or there's the option of having the back plate in polished alloy with Stainless fixings, a little garish for my tastes now but when I fitted them to my first G60 I went with shiny, shiny and it looked good.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]60341[/ATTACH]

I plan to fit 3 VDOs in the stereo slot with a double DIN slot below for a 7" capacitive touchscreen and squeeze a climatronic control panel under that once I've retrofitted a MK4 unit.

Still looking for late model centre dash frames in good condition if anyone can help???

I plan to fit 3 VDOs in the stereo slot with a double DIN slot below for a 7" capacitive touchscreen and squeeze a climatronic control panel under that once I've retrofitted a MK4 unit.

Still looking for late model centre dash frames in good condition if anyone can help???

Wow...... But let me tell you that spacing is a very big issue... I had a 7" touch screen for my carpc install, the original heater panel under the screen and thats it. Ashtray and cig lighter removed. I have a photo ... Ill post it

That's a neat looking job. Which screen did you use? Don't suppose you've got any pics of the work in progress, Tiago?

Yeah, space is very tricky. At the death I may have to resort to the centre vents to get everything in...

That's a neat looking job. Which screen did you use? Don't suppose you've got any pics of the work in progress, Tiago?

Yeah, space is very tricky. At the death I may have to resort to the centre vents to get everything in...

Its a cheap chinese brand vga screen.... But very good acctualy, it comes with its housing, I had to strip it all and fiber glass just the frame to the corrado dash.

Sorry I dont have any more images.

I was building my second version of it wich included removing the center vents... But still there wasnt much more space gained with it due to the shape of the console on the top... I stoped doing it since im moving back to my home country so dont have time.

I was thinking in a smaller screen but I really like at least a 800x600 resolution... And theres no screen smaller then 7" that can do those resolutions.

Have a search for lilliput screens, they have very good screens with hdmi, and have some single din retractable with hdmi input.

I've already got the screen. Lilliput 669GL-70NP/C-H - 450 nits high brightness, led backlit, auto switching reverse camera, modded with projected capacitive multi-touch for W7, HDMI output, and assembled in a double DIN frame. Just waiting for Zotac to get the new Atom D2700 mini-ITX boards to the distributors to build the PC.

Sorry to hear you'll be leaving us, mate. When and where are you going?

Edited by Anton Sobriquet

Those lilliput are really good, I see you know what youre doing....

Im going on the 12th next month... The last drive on the vr6 :(

What front end do you use? I love centrafuse... I really miss it. Once you go carpc its really hard to go back to the normal head units.

On my second version I was going to use a audi a4 mmi control panel converted with joycon ex and golf mk5 center console (gear and handbrake tunnel)

It was all looking really nice..... In my head anyhow.

Hope you can find a centre console so that you can start work on it.... Sometimes they do come up on ebay, I got mine for like £40 a month ago.

Interesting idea. I had a look at the Audi stuff only last week when pricing up an S5. Bit expensive for what you get I thought....

Yeah, Centrafuse is cool and not expensive either, but not quite what I need. It'll do fine for starters but I've been working on something of my own. Nowhere near finished and a bit buggy but coming along... Be sure and keep in touch and I'll slip you an alpha to test If you're brave enough to try it out LOL

There's a chance of getting an aluminium double DIN centre dash frame made to specific requirements. It's a bit 'early days' but watch this space...

What's happening to your car when you leave?

Hey thats great... I see you know about programing. I dont but I wish I would. Did you start from scratch or used a base like roadrunner?

My vr6 will be parked up next to other two corrados. Only time will tell what im going to do with it.

I'm actually a computer scientist. My specialty is computer architecture; I design and build systems for a living but I can manage the odd bit of coding when I really put my mind to it.

Have you sorted yourself a plastic centre pannel yet?

I have a late centre pannel spare, not prestine/ few marks cracks but if your cutting it about probably ideal.

Let me know and i can upload a picture for you..

Paul

[ATTACH]61097[/ATTACH]

The arrow is pointing to a small crack where someone attempted to remove the stereo

Other than this is has small markings around the stereo area from muppets removing / fitting them.

Missing one of the fixings to mount heater controls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk