busby

Idle Valve ?

I am new to the forum and new to owning a Corrado G60 , so in at the deep end!

I do have a query that maybe someone could help or offer some advice on, I know it may be something discussed before but the symptoms are a little peculiar to me at least.

Let me describe the problem:

The starts well and idle normal, this will continue for a while and often not be a problem , however sometime I will come to a standstill , blip the throttle at it will stick at 1500 RPM before gradually dropping down to a what I would consider a high idle.

I’ve taken the Idle Valve out and given it a good clean, and the throttle returns to a close. It’s as if the air regulation / fuel injectors aren’t functioning properly but on an intermittent basis ?

A video is here although not great.

http://youtu.be/xRmBW--kfCk

Any help you can offer would be gratefully received.

Thanks,

Busby,

Just had the same problem with my 16v. I changed the coolant temperature sensor and that solved the problem on mine. Only cost £8!

Thanks Mike16v,

Managed to get one from GSF, it does seem to have helped but I can't be confident it's fixed the issue completely just yet, noticable the old one was stuck in with some silicone rather then just changing the 'o' ring , can I confirm that you just changed the Blue one, It appears there is another black one adjacent, maybe one for the guage and one for the ECU ?

have pretty much the same problem, doesnt happen all the time but idle does stick and ive replaced the isv and cleaned it, so might have to try a temp sensor

Busby,

The coolant temperature sensor on my engine had a white connector. It may have been blue originally but changed before I bought it. Mine is a 2.0 16v so I think yours may be different. I just have two sensors on the right side of the engine block, the one I changed with a two pin connector and a black with a single connection which I think if for the temperature guage on the dash.

While we're on the subject of sensors, can anyone tell me where the oil temp sensor is on the 2.0 engine?