Sign in to follow this  
stormseeker

Wheel refurb/repair

Just received my set of BBS Solitudes I won on ebay - 3 are a tiny bit tatty but one is badly damaged, it must have been kerbed quite badly (the seller blamed his Girlfriend! :lol:) about 12 inches along the very outer lip is completedly missing :shock: - I'm not sure what's possible in the way of repairs or whether to ditch it completely :? I'm gonna get the good 3 refurbed, but the jury's still out on the 4th wheel :?

Anyone know what's possible for a wheel repair? And any good recommendations for a company to do 'em?

Got a decent set of Michelin tyres with 'em too, so I'm quite chuffed :-)

hurrah...another person swapping to solitudes :D , hope you got them for a good price in that condition.

i bought mine from ebay but with brand new michelin pilots so it worked out that the wheels were pretty much free (i needed new tyres anyway)

gonna get mine referbed soon though as there a bit tatty....will be interested in hearing how bad a wheel has to be before it cannot be referbed...

Probably not actually putting them on my car! If I can get the bad wheel reliably repaired, or find another odd one to make a good set of 4 they'll be going straight back on ebay after refurbishment :-)

As far as i know they can built that rim up with weld and it just gets machined back down to origial profile but i have no idea of the cost and it might just be easier just purchasing another wheel(if you can?)

Have a word with TopMarques in Stoke on Trent... I'd say that he can almost certainly make those look like new... 8)

One of my Borbet C's was pretty badly curbed, with chunks out of the rim and everything, and that's come up so well, you can't tell which one it is! 8)

He normally charges £45 per wheel + £4 for fitting, valves and balancing, but for that, he'll sand blast 'em back to metal, repair any damage and then powder coat 'em twice in the colour of your choice and then twice with Laquer!

Proper job! :D He's the only person that I've had recommended by nearly every garage around here... 8)

whats the best finish to get a standard look on the solitudes?? just the standard silver? or the hipower silver?

I believe vr6storm has gone for a silver sparkle finish which I like the sound of (mince!) ;-)