black dub

Porsche brembo calipers and eurospec rear 280 brakes

i have for sale my Porsche boxster s rear calipers which will fit over front 312mm TT brake disc with correct carriers along with the 6mm spacer that you can buy from ECS tuning or i can supply both brand new carriers and spacers for extra cost.

price for the calipers are £300

also i have for sale the eurospec rear disc conversion. Upgrade from 226mm to 280mm 5x100 rear cross-drilled and slotted rotors and retains the factory caliper and brake pads. these sell at $350 which works out to be about £280 after inport and duty. http://eurospecsport.com/products/brakes/performance-brakes.htm

mine come with good bearings n pads all have only covered about 1,500 miles and mk4 rear calipers

looking for about £200 for the complete setup on rear. SOLD SOLD SOLD

i also have an Audi TT front caliper n carrier set up SOLD!! SOLD to Craig

I will post some pics as soon as i resize them (any recomendations on what to use to resize?)

thanks

Edited by black dub

Interested in the rear 280's! Been looking into these recently so good timing :awesome:

PM'd with a few questions.

Edited by P3rks

I would like to point out that the Boxster S rear calipers should not be fitted to the front of any VW, as they are woefully inadequate with totally incorrect piston sizes. The piston surface area of the Boxster S rear calipers is less than that of the original single piston calipers that VW will have fitted on your car. For this conversion to work properly, you should use the front calipers from a Boxster NON s, 2.5/2.7. This is what i have on my Polo GTI. I got my kit complete from Dave Brown (vagbremtechnic.com).

I would like to point out that the Boxster S rear calipers should not be fitted to the front of any VW, as they are woefully inadequate with totally incorrect piston sizes. The piston surface area of the Boxster S rear calipers is less than that of the original single piston calipers that VW will have fitted on your car. For this conversion to work properly, you should use the front calipers from a Boxster NON s, 2.5/2.7. This is what i have on my Polo GTI. I got my kit complete from Dave Brown (vagbremtechnic.com).

well cheers for your opinion even though i did not ask for any, they worked fine on my supercharged vr6 corrado running 300hp i have never done track days but plenty of 1/4drags and plenty of use on fast roads never had a problem only changing now as i have a turbo vr6 in my car pushing over 500hp so needed bigger stopping power.

prob make ur little car do an endo

Edited by black dub

On a positive note,I have the Eurospec and mk4 calipers on mine, and they do really help to stop the car at speed ! You can really feel the back pulling down. For the record I have mine behind a 15" wheel, mines four stud.

So grab a bargain, way to cheap if you ask me !

My car weighs more than a standard Mk3. However, i already have the correct Porsche calipers for use on the front of a VW thanks. :)

For anyone interested. The Porsche Boxster S rear calipers have 28/30mm pistons. The calipers i have on my car are 36/40mm pistons. So yes, they do make my car do an endo. And this is what made me realise i nearly made a huge mistake, and elect to fit the correct calipers intended to do the job properly:

just goes to show you shouldn't believe what you read on the Internet.

I was in error....... there you go, im less worried about admitting it then you fitting them PLEASE don't fit them

In fairness that post is Probably nearly four years old and was a repost of a repost, I made a mistake way back when on the part numbers and piston sizes

the piston sizes on those calipers are 28/30mm

So if you work it out Pi R squared it comes out at

14x14=196x3.142=615

15x15=225x3.142=707

So 1322 sq mm

So let's work backwards

1322 / 3.142 = 421

Square Root 421 = 20.5 = Radius

= 41mm diameter.

So you,re swapping your 54mm single piston caliper on a 288mm disc

To a 41mm equivalent caliper on a 312mm disc

In addition with an increase in diameter the surface area increases exponentially nearly

Those calipers are woefully short of capacity and power, they will feel incredibly sharp at slow speeds but simply not retard you enough much over 50mph, they are dangerous and shouldn't be fitted to the front of the car

In addition the mounting points on the 6R hub is recessed and consequently you need a 4 mm boss machining onto the carrier, the design that Thomas uses as well as Volksbits was all copied from some carriers I made back in 2008 if he's changed the design to reflect the requirement then I apologise. I still have a shed load of them under the stairs that I refuse to sell, we even used to mate them to a 325mm disc until the math was done and I stopped selling them in early 2009, there's plenty of threads on the mk4 forums about their lack of capacity

the polo hub is NOT a mk4 hub it's quite different.

I'm sorry pal they work on the back of a 996 or boxster S and that's about it, Thomas might give you your money back.

That caliper was a 2.5 Non S Boxster FRONT caliper in the pic 36/40mm pistons same as the NQSBBK for the Mk5 which would work really well on the 6R, which is why I went out and bought some boxster calipers and a brand new 6R hub and bearing and did some design work.

I'm sorry I didn't get back to you with your Pm I've just finished the busiest stretch of my professional flying career in 12 years so sometimes it's difficult to stay in touch as much as Id like to.

In short if the caliper has a 352 in the part number Avoid it, 351 is FRONT brakes and is ok

HEL lines are great but the designs are poor, you need a M10 swivel fitting not a banjo, the fitting they use also doesn't fit the inner wing.

Please consider that these at least shouldnt be used on the front of a VW, and just sell them on eBay to someone that needs a set for the back of a Porsche. There is still a market out there, however, i dont want someone to make a mistake by fitting these calipers to the front of their pride and joy when they are simply not up to the job.

Edited by Deako

Did you have a price in mind for the tt312s calipers, carriers and pads and do you know what are the pads are?

Thanks

Cheers, if you could le me know, are the calipers as in the pictures, ie clean :) I will have a look at the cost of discs to get my budget.

Thanks

the pads say pagid/textar on pads, just did a search and they cost about £60 new on net and like i say i have never used them not even 1 mile.

postage for the TT calipers n carriers n pads would be no more than £10

I just want to point out that Deako's post was reported by the OP however I've elected not to remove it. Frankly he knows what he's talking about and makes some important observations regarding safety.. I feel it's important that anyone considering buying these brakes should be able to weigh up all the options and take information like that into consideration.

Sorry black dub.

thanks for that but may be my calculations are wrong but by Deako posted

"just goes to show you shouldn't believe what you read on the Internet.

I was in error....... there you go, im less worried about admitting it then you fitting them PLEASE don't fit them

In fairness that post is Probably nearly four years old and was a repost of a repost, I made a mistake way back when on the part numbers and piston sizes

14x14=196x3.142=615

15x15=225x3.142=707

So 1322 sq mm

So let's work backwards

1322 / 3.142 = 421

= 41mm diameter.

To a 41mm equivalent caliper on a 312mm disc"

but the above calculations are done off 2 pistons, these are 4 pot calipers and although your swapping a 54mm single piston to a 41mm piston you will also have an equivalant 41mm piston on the outer side of the caliper and not have to depend on the sliders of your single piston caliper.

also surely if you go too big on the piston sizes then are standard master cylinders and servo up to the job.

look i don't want to clog this "FOR SALE" thread up with all this debate all i know they worked for me fine.

just goes to show you shouldn't believe what you read on the Internet.

14x14=196x3.142=615

15x15=225x3.142=707

So 1322 sq mm

So let's work backwards

1322 / 3.142 = 421

= 41mm diameter.

To a 41mm equivalent caliper on a 312mm disc

I just want to point out that Deako's post was reported by the OP however I've elected not to remove it. Frankly he knows what he's talking about and makes some important observations regarding safety.. I feel it's important that anyone considering buying these brakes should be able to weigh up all the options and take information like that into consideration.

Sorry black dub.

Am I right in thinking these would work with any of the vag 312 discs, they're all the same width/offset in 5x100 fit aren't they?

If so would you take £120 posted and I can sort out a transfer :)

Thanks

Yes I can do that £120 but if these are going onto your corrado then u will need some 6mm spacers for the carriers to line up I might be able to supply these as I'm in the middle of having more made up. Only other option is ecs tuning

Ok mate I'll take them then for £120 posted, already have some hoses and stainless steel washers etc as spacers sat under the bed, just no 312s :) ideally wanted a black set but I'll see what theyre like when on and probably just leave them.

Might be interested though if your having some made up instead of washers?

Would you sell the rear discs and carriers without the callipers? Already have a set of mk4s with steel hoses on mine.

Andy

well its 20 for delivery so add that on top and you have a deal

you can post for 13 quid using "senditnow" up to 30 kg. I'm willing to pay 210 quid posted, paypal as a gift. Deal ??