Sign in to follow this  
seanoVR

Auto windows

I know this isn't a major problem, but the driver and passenger windows are both automatic when pushed downwards for more than a second, but will not go up automatically. You have to hold your finger on the switch?? Anyone know what this could be? Was thinking the switch, and may just change the switches with a friend to see if it works.

Cheers

the auto up/down is nothing to do with the switch, it's the control module that sits behind the rear driver's side trim (would be door card, but it's not a door... you know what I mean?!?)

The auto down should work on BOTH doors (in fact, if you do the driver's on and then tap the passenger one while it's still auto going down, the passenger one will automatically drop when the driver's has finished! 8) )

The auto up is, AFAIK, only fitted to the driver's window on Corrados... If you're sure it's not working, I have no idea why if the auto down is working... :?

The auto up is, AFAIK, only fitted to the driver's window on Corrados... If you're sure it's not working, I have no idea why if the auto down is working... :?

Yep, says so in the manual. A saftey feature to stop dumb arse passengers trapping their neck in the window.

Yep, says so in the manual. A saftey feature to stop dumb arse passengers trapping their neck in the window.

I really should get around to reading the manual at some point... :roll: :lol:

did you also know you can shut then buy holding the key in the lock position i the door for a second? the longer you hold it, the further they shut.

PhatVR6, I think it also does the sunroof too IIRR

Only on later cars...

PhatVR6, I think it also does the sunroof too IIRR

Only on later cars...

like mine 8)

My windows are the same - i.e. have auto down but apparently not up. Mines a 95 VR6 - I'm sure I read somewhere that the auto is only on the down ??? Interested to know if they should be auto-up too !!!

['H3R4POR]
PhatVR6' date=' I think it also does the sunroof too IIRR[/quote']

Only on later cars...

like mine 8)

not on mine, it's an aftermarket sunroof :p :cry:

I would expect you might not have auto-up on the button so that some muppet doesn't get his head stuck in it!

You'll probably find it's technically a 'safety' feature..

Mine only auto-up under the full closure system...

DtM.

I might have to go and see some electronics whizz-kid then. When my car was in for an immobiliser fit, they told me it was all fairly easy to control with relays - so we could no doubt "customise" passenger and drivers side !!