robrado974

Robrado's rado to be sold .....very pi$$ed off .

The time has come to sell my loverly vr . To sum it all up ,i can no longer run my van and a weekend car . Being selfemployed has really taken its toll over the last few years and my old van gave up on me ,so i had to borrow the money to buy another [at least its a t4 lol]. I have been talking to other forum members for a while now , do ,dont i , routine . Have been thinking long n hard and have made the decision that she has to go . I am not a happy bunny , if i was bored or wanted something else it would be different ,but im not ,i love my corrado and being forced to sell it is a massive bummer .The tax runs out this weekend and ins in april , so this weekend will be my last drive .Will give her a good wash, polish and wax for the for sale pics ,to go on here on saturday .Unless me numbers come up on the premium bonds !. This is not meant to be some sort of sympathy post , hey sh$t happends . Just thought id share me predicament with like minded people . Rob .

take the plates off, and hibernate the Corrado for better days and ages. Will save you time, money and grief.

Have a friend who lost his job, so he did that for 3 years, and now, when he's back on track, he's glad he did that and saved his motorcycle. Also saved him loosing a lot of money in a quick forced sale, together with a higher price these days. Oncoming bills are nasty, and need to be cut down to minimum.

Just my two cent on the matter.

Cheers,

redfox.

Edited by Redfox

take the plates off, and hibernate the Corrado for better days and ages. Will save you time, money and grief.

Have a friend who lost his job, so he did that for 3 years, and now, when he's back on track, he's glad he did that and saved his motorcycle. Also saved him loosing a lot of money in a quick forced sale, together with a higher price these days. Oncoming bills are nasty, and need to be cut down to minimum.

Just my two cent on the matter.

Cheers,

redfox.

2nd that!

That really is a total ****er :(

I'm going to go against the grain and say that if money is tight then selling is the right thing to do. It will be one less thing to worry about.

I know how you feel, being self employed myself, the last couple of years have been a total barsteward, that many big companies going bust, folks still have to make money and the amount of one man bands that have appeared in these two years, I'm getting undercut left, right and centre, had to pay off one of the two men I had due to lack of work last year.

Having said all that, I have no intention of getting rid of the Rado just yet!

ah mate completely gutted for you,we were only talking about this the other night :( you have worked so hard on it and it is lovely, i wish you all the best mate, all my mates seem to be selling their PVW's at the mo :(

A little update , er in doors has spoken and has convinced me not to sell ,as well as matt and robbie r32. im going to sorn it and store in the garage .That and i signed up to pistonheads and could not bring meself to do the add lol. Judging by the prices on pistonheads atm think its the best thing to do ,seen as you can pick up a storm for 3.500k !, i wanted more than that for mine . Work has picked up as well , just got to hang in there. Rob

Lol thanks guys . Did start her up for the last drive and fuel started coming out of the filter tube !. I just walked away .

She's just annoyed you considered selling. She will be fine when you treat her to something new.

So pleased to hear you're keeping her! Brilliant news, well done :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I second that of Scarlet_VR6.

Good to keep it.

At some point in time, you will feel the itching in your fingers to do some tlc and start it up again ;) I have that feeling witm my old Laverda motorcycle, and it's like coming home every spring. Especially if you have been driving something else in the meantime. It kind of greets you and you feel at the right spot.

Cheers,

Redfox.

hi mate, new to forum and had to do this a few times myself over the years being self employed. dont own a rado at the mo but always remember my old vr as being the best car to drive after a spell of the road so hope the work picks up and u can enjoy such an awesome car again...