yacobwood

Other Forums

Looking at buying an Audi A3 so i joined a couple of audi forums to ask a few questions and swat up on the car. You ask one question and get one responce. Other posts have hardly any responces and there doesnt seem to be much traffic. Just my 2p's worth here, but are all other forums just sh1te!! :scratch: (psssst, that a compliment to the C forum :thumbleft:)

perhaps there just isn't the same sort of crowd/following unless you have an S3. I'd ask for opinions on club GTI or mkIV's instead, I get the feeling Audi drivers are more interested in the badge and the appearance rather than the nuts and bolts.

Funny really as I remember when it was only the quattro that had any 'image' at all.

A3 is only a mk4 if you remove the switches and dash, so pretty much any mk4 issues are valid, apart from the dealers being even more a-holes than the VW ones, which is going something :)

apart from the dealers being even more a-holes than the VW ones, which is going something :)

Didnt think that was even possible....:scratch:

God yeah. All of the Audi dealers I've been in are so up themselves it's untrue. Erm. It's just a fricking VW with thicker carpets and insulation, not a bloody Bentley!

I find BMW dealers a damn site more approachable, friendly, knowledgable and they actually keep good stocks of parts going back to the 80s models still.

As for forums. BMW5.co.uk is very similar to this one. Vibrant, funny, busy, friendly etc. Most others I use are w@nk, especially the American ones.

I find BMW dealers a damn site more approachable, friendly, knowledgable and they actually keep good stocks of parts going back to the 80s models still.

As for forums. BMW5.co.uk is very similar to this one. Vibrant, funny, busy, friendly

have to agree as to what you said kev, i found that forum very very helpfull

That forum has saved me a fortune mate. There are so many guides and stuff on there and if you ask questions like "Can I fit a 540i V8 into my E30?" You don't get laughed at. People have done it and offer advice and there's tonnes more parts and support for stuff like that compared to modding Corrados.

I've been a member on GolfGTI.co.uk for a few years now and I quite like it on there. As in all forums, there will be slight cliques with the longer members who have met up a couple of times, there will be periods where there are members who all think they know everything about everything, and there will always be newer members who don't use the search function and ask questions that have been asked a million times. We've all done it, so just a gentle nudge in the right direction, and answering their question anyway always works and keeps people coming back. Not rocket science, but some people after getting to know their car a little, suddenly become world experts and rip into them. Not the way to keep forums and future classics ticking over imo.

Looking at buying an Audi A3 so i joined a couple of audi forums to ask a few questions and swat up on the car. You ask one question and get one responce. Other posts have hardly any responces and there doesnt seem to be much traffic. Just my 2p's worth here, but are all other forums just sh1te!! :scratch: (psssst, that a compliment to the C forum :thumbleft:)

A MK1 or Mk2 A3? owned my mk1 1.8T for about seven years so I have got to know most of it's issues in that time.