diarmaid16

What to do?

I have just found out that I am going to be a daddy in the near future. Now I know that if I sell my vr6 in parts I will make more than I sell it straight.

Money is not plentiful at the moment and every penny counts. Am I stupid to even consider breaking?

Yes!

Congratulations by the way :D

If you can get standard parts very cheaply to replace any mods that you've done, sell the car and the modded parts seperately and you will make a bit more than as a whole. Gives your conscience a clean bill of health then too for not needlessly breaking a good C. :o

If money is really tight then I'd say break it. Head over heart as far as family goes. At the end of the day its just an inanimate object however much we love them and want to imbue them with personalities. Providing for your family is much, much more important.

Also if nobody broke then it would be hard for a lot of cars to be maintained at the level they have been over recent years. I'm sure when there are no more breakers that folks will find ways around it but it will be hugely more expensive so you could view it as doing your fellow enthusiasts a favor

And congratulations on your news!

I've used my C with two car seats in the back, pushchair and shopping in the boot. Perfect family car!!!

Congrats also.

Thanks guys. I just think I'm going to need something more practical with better mpg. Ideally I'd just like to tuck it away for a while but at the moment money won't allow.

Congrats. Family take precedence over a car so if you.need the money then break it.

However it will be a shame and if it were me then I would return it to standard and sell it whole. But if needs must, then needs must.

Congrats. Sure family is allways the important thing. But in my humble view, a Corrado is a fine car, also for a new family.

A strange thing happened a few times in my street. A couple gets a child, and voila, the small minicar, becomes a maximum estate model. Very strange. In the 196'ies and 70'ies and also today, when money or belief is in power, this is not needed (the estate car).

As a former banker, money wise, selling the car will only give you relief for a while, then you may (or may not hopefully) need to sell something else. And so on. Seen it many many times.

Good luck and best of wishes.

Cheers,

Redfox.