Sign in to follow this  
Robbo149

FK rear lights

Hi all, where's the best (ie cheapest) place to get FK M3 style rear lights from? I've phoned around a couple of places & am getting prices of £200+ I'm sure I read somewhere that they can be had for £140-£150 ish.

Cheers,

Robbo

we got them for 158 quid, all in (inc VAT, P&P etc) but this was through a group buy a couple of months ago.

I think you'll be lucky to get them for that price now

doesn't say make, or whether thats inc VAT.

They look similar though, but you really have to watch the different makes, as the quality of fit varies alot

Cheers guys, I'll give Gwent a call see if their prices include VAT. RobyD - I thought about the InPro group buy, but I've heard the FK ones are a better fit.

Robbo

I heard that too (but I have also heard the the inpros fit fine :roll: ), plus I prefere the look of the FKs :)

I think the FKs use the same moulds as the inpros and both kinds dont fit particularly well! I've got the FKs and need to file the holes in the tailgate down a bit to get them to sit perfectly :roll:

I would say that that price includes the VAT - their price for FK Konigsport coilovers is £629, which sounds like a INC VAT price to me.

I paid £180 for my lights at inters a year ago (from Gwent VW), so the price they are quoting seems right.

HTH

Mark

Tempests In.Pro lights appear to be a pretty good fit, and I don't remeber him mentioning any major hurdles whilst trying to fit them?

Seems to be discrepencies in Corrado tailgate fit and finish. Some sit high, some sit to the left!

I had to drill out the holes on my tailagte to allow more scope for adjustment. I had an early set of Inpros and they were terrible. Looked good on inpro's website tho :roll:

Just wish Hella would make some and the quality would be OE then.

K

I think there's also some discrepancies in InPro's product quality too. I had some smoked InPros on one of my Mk2's and they fit perfectly, but I got some clear ones for my Civic VTi (4 piece a la Corrado) & they were a nightmare to fit, loads of drilling & filing. Not had any personal experience with FK's, they just seem to be cheaper (which is nice!).

Robbo

I've got the FK Smoked M3 style on mine. I bought them for £175 inc VAT from Gwent at Dubfreeze, Donnington Park. They come with bulb holders as the standard bulb holders are not SUPPOSED to fit.

I used the supplied bulb holders for approx 1 day as they are not the best quality in the world - I had serious earthing problems on mine Brake lights on with indicators etc.

The standard bulb holders will fit them given a little 'jiggerery' (angle of insertion -oohh err!) etc.

As for general fit, you might need to file/adjust the holes slightly to get the best fit. I haven't bothered to do that yet but they don't look too bad. (see photo)

Cheers for the pic Tattie, as mine's a black C too, it's good to see them on. Just convinces me even more I have to get some!

Cheers,

Robbo

the best pics are when one side has the FKs on and one has the OE lights, then you really see the difference, makes the OE lights look very dated

thats exactly the pic I was thinking about, just couldn't be a*se to look for it ;)