Sign in to follow this  
david ryley

Here's one for you lads!!!

My 95 VR6 has a very F****D rear upper engine mount! does anybody know what the pin that goes though middle is supposed to be attached to?? because mine is lifting out of the mounting on gear change, would this problem be fixed with new bushes? or do you reckon its a new mount jobbie....

Also on the chain cover/crank case cover theres an oil breather/return filter, due to the obseen rocking of the engine this has split away from the engine, would i be able to pick one up from vw and what does it do???

cheers lads :roll:

New mounting needed I'd say. You can't get bushes for them as far as I know they are just made in one piece the pin going throught the middle should be held solidly in place within the rubber block.

Pin? Do you mean bolt? Sounds like the main bolt that goes through the middle has snapped from metal fatigue. They often bend on the VR due to heat soak and constant rocking back and forth.

Replace it with a Vibratechnics and that'll never happen again as it's designed differently.

K

Cheers K

I meant bolt, do you have website address for vibratechnics, or i might just look round the salvage yards and replace the bush inside with the turn2's i have on order.........