VeenixTwin

HELP, VR6 exhaust??

Any advice would be nice, my standard exhaust is now blowing!

1st Q?.Is the exhaust now obsolete from stealers?? Y or N? (Heard it was)

2nd Q? Will a 2.0 16v exhaust system work with a VR6?? (I know it Would fit but are the internals the same??)

3rd Q?

Think you can still get it (someone correct me if I'm wrong!), but it's £££! A 2.0 16v exhaust will fit ;)

Jetex and Magnex are the best aftermarket exhausts IMHO.

3rd Q? (computer messed up, sozz) Can't seem to find any cheap replacements apart from bosal but only for the 16v hence Q2, anyone know if they are they still available??

Trying to stay away from "performance" exhausts

cheers for any advise

yeh it works out to about £850 from the cat back from the stealers, just get a jetex as andy said, as quite as a standard exhaust till you give it some welly and even then its not loud or boomy, just a very nice exhaust note.

Ive heard a few good things about the Jetex, and being stainless is a bonus, but the 120mm wide tailpipe is putting me off!

I know I could go the CUSTOM route but would rather not. Again heard mixed reviews.

Jetex and Magnex tailpipes are only fractionally larger than the standard pipe and look perfect in the bumper cutout ;)

Am hearing u Cazza.

Very tempted with the Jetex 3 box system.

Anyone know if the magnex systems still avaiable?? I thought they had gone bust.

I have a Jetex on my VR6, the only difference in the tip apart from a little larger, is it has an inward rolled lip apposed to the straight cut standard tip.

I believe magnex are still around.

I've tried a magnex, scorpion and G-Werks systems.

The magnex is by far the most OE sounding, very factory sounding just deeper sounding and looks really OE+ In my opinion.

The scorpion is loud and boomy, sounds cool but far too loud for me and my old age. :)

The G-Werks one is the best made, very fruity and raspy sounding but not intrusive at all and the closest OE (but rolled) tailpipe.

Edited by P3rks

I've currently got a Magnex and agree with the above. Pretty certain Venom still sell Magnex stuff. Rate Jetex too though.

Im still tempted to get a Jetex for mine and put the standard system away as its pretty mint on mine, well the rear box at least. It just seems like one of those items that is going to be uber rare in a few years.

Tempted to change mine. I have a milltek. It sounds lovely on full chat but is a bit loud for my taste and I need to get a cat for the mot shortly. Also not a fan of the milltek tip so might just cut my losses, get something new and recoup some of the cost by selling the milltek. Must admit though, it sounds addictive when giving it beans.

Cheers for the advice. Will start ringing round for a magnex I think, nobody seems to list a corrado anymore on their websites. If no luck I may have a look at the Jetex.

Well you promtped me to order a Jetex last night. 2 box system, have one on the RS4 as well and it was a doddle to fit and sounds perfect, not loud just at all. Depending on condition of the standard I might actually just sell it if anyone is interested as I have too much stuff lying about and I doubt Id put it back on if I have a stainless. Would be a good use for the box the the Jetex comes in as well plus it would be more of use to those who want originality.

The G-Werks one is the best made, very fruity and raspy sounding but not intrusive at all and the closest OE (but rolled) tailpipe.

well Gwerks have gone bust but i'm pretty sure that they sold the dubpower exhaust as there own just that pete at dubpower did not put hes metal sticker on them?? All this talk of exhausts has made me look at my Milltek and decided its going, this place is terrible for your bank balance.

---------- Post added at 9:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:53 AM ----------

Cheers for the advice. Will start ringing round for a magnex I think, nobody seems to list a corrado anymore on their websites. If no luck I may have a look at the Jetex.

here ya go http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=corrado+magnex+exhaust&source=web&cd=4&ved=0CFAQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.roadrunnermotorsport.co.uk%2Fmagnex-exhausts.asp&ei=F_aDT_nBA4jw8QPW2IjSBw&usg=AFQjCNFbr6p0lyhXkiJXtchHXi5XOFxYVQ this is where a local guy got he's from a couple of months back, think he paid £350 as they are being cleared.

Let me know if you decide to sell. Might be interested depending on condition and price. Pretty close to ordering a Jetex too, but a bit reluctant as my exhaust us in pretty good shape and I'm only replacing 'cos it's too noisy.

J

Well you promtped me to order a Jetex last night. 2 box system, have one on the RS4 as well and it was a doddle to fit and sounds perfect, not loud just at all. Depending on condition of the standard I might actually just sell it if anyone is interested as I have too much stuff lying about and I doubt Id put it back on if I have a stainless. Would be a good use for the box the the Jetex comes in as well plus it would be more of use to those who want originality.

Just spoke to Roadrunner, they dont have any old Magnex stock left. The guy also said the the name Magnex was bought from another manufacturer and the current systems available (which don't include the rado) aren't up to the same quality as they used to be. Thought this info might help others.

if anyone is thinking of selling a decent exhaust that would fit a 1.8 16v send me a pm ;)

my currrent standard/bosal/supersprint combo badly needs replacing if it's going to get through it's next MOT..

Folks, got my 2 box Jetex system at the weekend but I might not fit it now due to various reasons. If anyone is interested send me a PM.

hmm how difficult is it to convert from the early hook to a later bar type hangar? would it be better to modify the underside of the car of the exhaust itself?

thinking of purchasing your 2 box system coullstar but the early 1.8 exhaust looks fairly different to the 2.0 or vr6 exhausts on venomsport..

Unsure TBH. I think the hangers are in different places. The system is listed for 16v, 8v and G60 I noticed but not early type.