KADVR6

swapping recaros over??

does anyone no if you can transfer the passenger seat over onto the the drivers side?? just wondered if anyone has before i look into doing it as the passengers side bolsters are mint, the drivers side ones are still in very good condition but was just wondering if this is possible??

karl

Dont see why you cant, they have the handles on each side to flip them forward dont they?

would you need to swap the bases round for the plastic trim?

I keep intending to do this on my 16vG60 but the weather is rubbish everytime I get chance to do it, guessing it would be a bit of messing around with the base but there is no reason you couldn't swap the seat section only over.

yeh thats what i'm thinking, when the seats are all dyed and 100% dry i will have a look and see how hard/impossible it is??

Me too. All my seats are mint, but the driver's back rest is worn out and causes me grief on long journeys. I was also wondering if you could swap the relevant bits over from a mint passenger seat. I just hope the handle mounts and things aren't handed and welded in place.

Edited by Kevin Bacon

Me too. All my seats are mint, but the driver's back rest is worn out and causes me grief on long journeys. I was also wondering if you could swap the relevant bits over from a mint passenger seat. I just hope the handle mounts and things aren't handed and welded in place.

i looked into this ages ago mate, and sorry to tell you the handle mounts are welded into place.

Well its doable on the Recaros but!! Recaro have threaded the wiring through little holes in the bases and then joined up the wiring to the electrical terminals, so a good mate is popping over on saturday with he's pro soldering kit so i can swap the two front seats over.

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

i looked into this ages ago mate, and sorry to tell you the handle mounts are welded into place.

Well its doable on the Recaros but!! Recaro have threaded the wiring through little holes in the bases and then joined up the wiring to the electrical terminals, so a good mate is popping over on saturday with he's pro soldering kit so i can swap the two front seats over.

this might help you Kev http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-CORRADO-DRIVER-SIDE-FRONT-SEAT-UPPER-PART-FRAME-535881046-/261001441937?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cc4e5f291

Am sure Bill (A1VR6) told me you could do it. I asked about it a year or two ago, but never got round to doing it.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

would love to see how as the hole the wires go though is about 5mm round, and the smallest plug is at least 12mm across.

Think he was talking about swapping the backs but not the bases. Or is that what your talking about?

Think he was talking about swapping the backs but not the bases. Or is that what your talking about?

i'm on about swapping both the backs and the bases onto the opposite subframes.

Nice one! I wondered what made up the back rest, and now I now. Bits of wire and some springs! I may be able to repair mine then if that's all it is! Cool!

So in that case then, I'll just pinch the foams etc from the good pass seat and swap em over!

would love to see how as the hole the wires go though is about 5mm round, and the smallest plug is at least 12mm across.

Ah, that's the easy part, simply unlatch the crimps from the plug housing - laser do a set of tools, no need to cut and solder that way.

Good to know it's doable though.