floppyman

Ashtray and cig. Lighter replacement bulbs

Today ordered these two bulbs from tps, I think its like £10 for the two and the guy says theres only one more at the factory... Not shure on that but, I should get them tommorow.

Got home and decided to try and fix it by replacing the bulb myself, a bit tricky but ive managed to do the cig. Lighter very nicely. A new 12v 1.2w bulb.

I should be able to do them with a white led aswell. Im just thinking... Is anyone interested in these?

Ok...... Not much interest.... Anyway.....

If anyone wants the cig. Lighter bulb done I would recommend sending me the whole lighter socket to me, I then replace the bulb and send it back to you within one day. Price: £6 posted (very fair since a new bulb from tps is £6)

For the ashtray bulb im still experimenting with led light. But this one would be something like: I send you the bulb unit and after you fit it , you then send me the old one.

The reason why I recommend sending the hole cig. Lighter socket is becouse its very tricky to get it out and plus theres a ground pin that I will modify a little.

Ok finished with the ashtray light. Its a green led and it looks great, much better the the original one, heres some pics. Cant really see but theres a very nice difference.

Top one is the brand new I got from tps the other day, the bottom my led mod:

52848893-78c7-16ae.jpg

The original on its own:

52848893-7902-7295.jpg

And the led mod:

52848893-7939-caad.jpg

Original:

52848893-7959-3e1e.jpg

Led mod:

52848893-797a-1313.jpg

52848893-798e-3d54.jpg

Looks really nice.

Same price £6

possibly interested in the ashtray one.... will let you know if my current bulb is knackered.

Ive just replaced my heater controll bulb with a standard green one from my local car parts shop and i must say its a very weak green glow. If only i would of know about this haha.

possibly interested in the ashtray one.... will let you know if my current bulb is knackered.

No problem.

Anton has got the first one so I will have to wait for his old one... Unless you want to send me yours and ill do it within one day and send it to you.

Ive just replaced my heater controll bulb with a standard green one from my local car parts shop and i must say its a very weak green glow. If only i would of know about this haha.

I will try to do one for the heater controlls... The only problem is that my original controlls are all damaged. I will make one and then will most likely send it to some one to try it out

on this subject my corrado when i bought it had no cigarette lighter holder or ashtray and i am needing a 12v for the sat nav, any ideas how i can put one in?

on this subject my corrado when i bought it had no cigarette lighter holder or ashtray and i am needing a 12v for the sat nav, any ideas how i can put one in?

But... Is there space for it or has it been modifyed?

You can allways put a external one, just need to get a 12v supply

Received the modded bulb holder with LED fitted very promptly and works perfectly with much stronger illumination.

Had to test it via the heater control panel 12V connector; there seems to be a problem with my ashtray power...

Have sent my original back and having my spare modded, too, now.

Many thanks Tiago. Good work, mate.

Ok. I have now one led for the ashtray ready for postage. Anyone?

Finished with the led lights for the heater controlls. Going to send them to Anton for him to try and let me know how they perform, im shure its not going to work as I wanted to but Im no able to test them.

Heres some pics of the heater controll ones. First one is twin smd led (this is just the same ones you can buy on ebay)

52848b39-d76a-3425.jpg

The problem with leds is the viewing angle... Im not shure there will be enough light reflected. So I came up with this led, theyre special angled leds with 120° viewing angle. But it came a bit too long, I hope it doesnt hit the cover at the back when fitting.

52848b39-d87a-7d89.jpg