mrcorradog60

part numbers for g60 auto ecu and loom

Hello again folks, just in case you dont remember me im the guy doing the auto conversion on the g60 cause im in a wheel chair. Im still after an ecu and loom, can anyone tell me the part numbers for the ecu and loom on the auto g60? Also does anyone know the word for engine loom in german? If anyone knows where there is an auto g60 being broken please let me know.thanks

Harness is 'Kabelbaum'. Didn't know you could get G60 autos, good on you for not giving in and driving a boring car :D

Stone

[auto-lover]

Alas G60 auto harness is obsolete.

Your best bet is probably on VW Vortex (US site) as more of the American cars would have had auto boxes, you will need a Auto sourced throttle body too as there kickdown function for the auto box is provided by a throttle potentiometer on the throttle body.

I will have my auto ecu and loom in about a month although this is from a VR - the ecu is available now though, if it is compatible with the g60 ecu. It just piggy backs on the engine ecu.

thanks guys for the advice, thanks fla for the offer but i think it has to be g60 parts. So what is a throttle body in german.lol. Im not in a panic to get these parts as the vw will be sitting a while until i have the crx auto conversion finished and even thats only just started, all this going on while workin on my buggy is keepin me busy.

Throttle body is 'Drosselklappenteil'. I don't know that much automotive German, I just have the vacuum hose routing sticker sat on my desk which is bilingual :D

I'm pretty sure all VR6s have the throttle body pot though - it's used along with the MAF and lambda sensor to determine fuelling, which is why the throttle position is in the engine measurement block on VAG-COM and not in the auto ECU one...

Stone