britpop95

pictures of scratch repair by autoscratch

Hi everyone a couple of weeks ago my carrodo was keyed from the drivers side wing and all down the door aswell. I found a company on the web called "autoscratch" and here are 2 pictures of the repair they did for me. They charged me £130 and came to my house within 3 days of me booking them. My corrado is moonlight blue , i should have took before and after pictures. Some who went to the trafford center soccerdome meet may remember the HUGE scratch. Any way here they are i gave the panels a good buffing myself with some menzerna the colour match is absolutley perfect.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb131/britpop95/IMG00465-20120415-1228.jpg

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb131/britpop95/IMG00464-20120415-1228.jpg

I would definatly reccomend these guys for scratch repairs for any of you guys who have some annoying scratches or worse have been victim of some idiot keying your car.

Looks a good job. Most smart repairers are actually very good. Unfortunately there are a fair few cowboys out there too which bring their reputation down. I went to an open day at ChipsAway last year up in Kidderminster and was pretty impressed, although I didn't think I could make a decent living from it in my area. That's where most slip up I suppose, as any jobsworth cowboy can buy into a franchise for a few quid, do a short course and off they go ruining good paint! Just remember, when people say to go to a bodyshop to sort dents and scratches, some of them are absolute pish too!

Haha, I didn't think people south of the border used that p-word! Made me chuckle! Sorry for going a bit off topic! Repairs looks great :)

, some of them are absolute pish too!

Looks good - I can't see any sign there was ever a scratch. Good to know you can get good repair companies out there :)

Thanks for the comments guys , the scratch was all down the drivers wing and then the drivers door aswell so basically a horizontal key scratch going from the wing to the door handle. Im no sprayer but i would never know it had ever been painted im very impressed with the job and for the price aswell £130 i thought was a very good price.

Haha, I didn't think people south of the border used that p-word! Made me chuckle! Sorry for going a bit off topic! Repairs looks great :)

Ha ha, yeah kinda pick all sorts of sayings up when you work with people from all over the UK. :grin:

From here the paint looks like glass. Certainly looks like a high standard of repair. What's next then ?

Well James yesterday as you know wigan had decent weather for once haha. So my enthusiasm was boomin so i took the corrado badge off the back went for a trip to the range and bought some "vw flash red" primer and lacuer and sprayed the badge red, very pleased with the result tidys the back of the car up quite nicely. Are you going to the soccerdome meet sunday? I read the r32 owners are going aswell.