Dr Forinor

£10k Golf?

coullstar: One of my practices? Only 1, on Grt Western Road.

Fishwick: That just might be him!

Any advice on an in-car security camera?

Edited by Dr Forinor

If they're just going to vandalise whatever you're driving why spend £10k on the next target? You'd be better off investing £500 in CCTV kit and making friends with whoever's property overlooks your parking space IMO. Rent a decoy car and a garage for the GTR in the meantime?

You don't need 360º coverage, just something looking out of the driver's side window. That plus something building-mounted to back it up from outside should get you some nice, usable footage. If they're consistently targeting you and not bright enough to stop after the first couple of times then take advantage!

Stone

I would like a camera fitted inside the car if I was to keep the car. I cant have anything at work at the moment.

I'm actually thinking of something even cheaper than 10k now. Maybe around 3k as a runabout.

This absolutely sucks :( You should be able to have the car you want!

Have you told the police? It's clearly personal, and you could argue that you are worried for your pesonal safety...

I have told the police, who don't really seem too bothered about it.

Maybe the police you saw are racist or jealous of guys with relatively expensive cars?

Heaven forbid!

I grew up with scumbags who hated people who had anything more than them - or were vindictive if you were academically brighter.

Seems like mankind will always be cursed with sh!t like this.

Best just to philosophise, get on with enjoying life when you can and leave the cities when you can.

Maybe the police you saw are racist or jealous of guys with relatively expensive cars?

I got that feeling, but then a friend (who is caucasian - for those of you who haven't figured it out, I am not) said don't play the "race card". So I thought maybe I am jumping the gun a little, don't know.

I've had my fun with the car, no saying I'm all out of fun but I have had some fun. And now with all this vandalism (that's 4 separate occasions now) I feel maybe it's time to move on. Don't know, don't know, don't know.

Edited by Dr Forinor

You have to sign in ;)

Here's the text:

Hi I am selling my MK4 golf R32 VF supercharged Stage 2

Very Rare dont see many Charged R32's

I have owned this car for over a year and a half, as i have 2 cars this gets used very little now. The car has had over £10,000 spent on modifications by the the previous owner.

Reason for sale is I have 2 R32's and need to sell 1 as going turbo now, so this beauty is up for sale

5 door model 2003 53 plate

75,000 Miles for new with full service history

Good tyres and brakes all round

Wheels are finished in Chrome Powdercoat Fresh for new buyer

Body is DEEP BLUE PEARL and is immaculate condition just been detailed for new owner

Interior is the Half Leather upgrade seats with alcantara centres in immaculate condition

Car is fitted with Factory Sunroof Very Rare inc aircon ect

Extras on the car are:

VF Engineering Stage 2 supercharger kit inc intercooler

Schrick Cams

Blue Competition Haldex Controller

Water Methanol Kit

Full Milltek Exhaust: High Flow Manifolds, 200 cell Sports Cats and a Non-Res Cat Back

The car was custom remaped by REGAL AUTOSPORT and the owner told me the power was around 400BHP when i bought it

The work was carried out by PORSCHE SPECALISTS (AUTOBAHN)in 2009

Contact Ben 07856464976

Price £9,950 ono

He's dropped £1K off the price now...

Can't you rent a garage to hide the GTR away? You'll take a hit selling it now.

As for a Golf. The R32 is the only Mk4 to go for. Fantastic car and in the future will be THE collectible Mk4. Galvanised body, 4 wheel drive and the lovely 24v 3.2 VR6 Engine.

You could also look for a Mk4 Anniversary TDI. IMO they are overpriced but they seem to hold their value. Bear in mind that these newer TDI PD engines are pretty much scrap at 130k miles. Injectors go - £1500, Tandem Pumps go - £500, whole bunch of other parts go that basically make the car uneconomical to repair. I just gave away my super spec Mk4 TDI 130 for stupid money as it has hit the magic 130k. A VR6 will go on forever if you take care of it.

Or, buy a £500 Ford Fiesta for taking to work and hook up one of these systems http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDrzMGdYWZc :D

Feckin barstewards. I'd drop a few quid to the local hoods to watch my car for a day or two and "take care of it." Cops are useless.

I've considered hiding the GTR but right now with stuff happening in my life, it isn't a viable option unfortunately. It would be better to take the hit I'm afraid, however hard its going to be.

Now I've changed my mind from a 10k Golf (although I think I've fallen in love with that charged R32 already) & buy a cheaper runaround, more around the 3k mark.