robo22sri

whats a corrado worth in parts?

I have a corrado vr6 with a tired engine!

The body is in reasonable condition but i know vr6's are not selling as complete cars :(

£2K give or take. It's a sad situation that a lot of them are now worth more in parts :( Bear in mind that it is a lot of work/hassle and will be a long time before you see all the money. You'll be left with bits that no one wants and post and packaging is very time consuming etc etc etc. If you decide to do it, you need to do so with your eyes open!

As above. A lot will also depend on the condition of the parts, how careful you are getting them off, who wants them, who else is selling similar and luck. I'd say between £1250 and £1750 net (after 6 months)

I am in crap situation with my car needing a fair bit of work :(

I paid £2300 for my car last summer and i bought a new vege engine and lots of other parts

I keep looking at Andy's car and thinking in have that money spare just buy it and scrap mine!

Depending on how much you paid for the engine and parts, you will get all of your money back and more providing you are careful removing parts and take everything off the car.

The flip side is the amount of time taken and hassle associated with removing the parts, selling them, packing them and trips to the post office to actually send them. That is before you get the scammers and rude individuals you have to deal with on occasion too.

Another consideration is the space needed to store the parts once you have taken them off.

Its really sad seeing threads like this :(

when i bought my corrado, and i admit was cheap as chips and probably not far from getting scrapped due the amount of work needed doing to it, i put a lot of time and effort into bringing it back to its former glory. theres still more to do on the bodywork and possibly more welding but that wont put me off. although has taken 3 years to be in a position where im happy to put it back on the road :)

I know what you mean. Four of my six corrados are in the process of getting better / restored / returned to the road. The other two that I owned...hmm :(

One of the two was a Cat C car and had rust in some "odd" places. Not the finest example of the marque and probably bordering on unsafe

I don't want to break mine as it is ok

Just I want coilovers and a stainless etc

It needs re bushing and it all adds up fast

I have that VEGE engine with a lightened flywheel and gear box all to go in

Plus a full odb2 setup

I don't like waiting to get stuff done if that makes sense, I need the rear seals welding and my mate keeps promising to do and never does it :(

Just annoying :lol:

I don't like waiting to get stuff done if that makes sense, I need the rear seals welding and my mate keeps promising to do and never does it :(

Just annoying :lol:

Learn to weld instead, it's what I did. ok yes you have to buy a welder as well but its damn satisfying doing stuff yourself.

I've broken 3 cars in the last 4 years, as said its time consuming and postage is expensive - people want to pay very little! Ebay selling fees soon add up and you can end up being a busy fool if you sell too cheaply - if I'm not making above minimum wage I'd rather put it in the bin is how I look at it now, removal, packaging, then a drive into town can easily take 90 mins, so after ebay fees, paypal fees, (recorded) postage and packaging, petol costs, parking costs etc your £30 sale nets you around £15 for 90 mins work.

I'd rather hang out for cash on collection, remove it and hand it over and pocket extra cash too.

I broke a mk3 golf tdi estate - bits sold very well! Golf V5 estate not so well. Seat Toledo V5 20V has been a slow seller, lots left, little interest. Skoda octavia 1.8T lined up next as no one wants to buy a car needing a full service, cambelt and clutch in the near future............... That's another thing, once you start doing it you're hooked, If I can't get £XXXX for it I'll break it, its a downward spiral.............