larceny fink

VR6 HT Lead removal tool - metal one please if poss...

Hi,

I am after a metal HT lead removal tool if anyone has one spare please. I see there was a group buy on these a long while ago, maybe someone has a spare?? I don't have one attached to the bonnet support and by all accounts the plastic ones are shee-ite.

PM or 07930 273025 text/ring if easier, cheers

If you know anyone with one you could borrow as a pattern, you can make your own out of standard copper heating pipe. Roger B let me borrow his so I knocked this one out with a couple of hours Dremel work and some loom tape:

VR6-tool.jpg

Works fine (better than original, I made the slots deeper so it's easier to hook onto the plug) and cheap as chips :) Do keep an HT lead handy so you can test-fit often and you'll be fine!

Stone

crikey thats pretty impressive, you could knock these out and flog them. Pity I don't know anyone who will have one so I can have a go

If you know anyone with one you could borrow as a pattern, you can make your own out of standard copper heating pipe. Roger B let me borrow his so I knocked this one out with a couple of hours Dremel work and some loom tape:

Weird you should suggest that. I was thinking the same at the weekend. I'm going to get a plastic one but by all accounts they don't last long so I was considering copying it using some tubing as you suggest.

Works fine (better than original, I made the slots deeper so it's easier to hook onto the plug) and cheap as chips :) Do keep an HT lead handy so you can test-fit often and you'll be fine!

Stone

I bought a metal one from Euro car parts. £7 two years ago.

Sadly no longer available. I checked at the weekend.