Bishbosh1

My classic green storm VR6

Hi Guys im finally getting round to starting a members gallery and showing off my dream car.

After passing my test 18yrs ago and getting a mk2 golf gti 16v for my 1st car i became addictied to VW's, unfortunatley at that time in life i couldn't afford the insurance let alone the VR6 corrado (my dream car). Now that im twice as old and settled in life i've decided to take the plunge and get one, much to the annoyance of the mrs!!! :p

It took me about 6 months to research and find the car for me, a 1995 classic green VR6 storm with 122k on the clock and an impressive folder full of service history. Mechanically and electrically everything works as it should and it had a few extras such as Magnex cat back exhaust, aftermarket air filter and 16" alloys along with the original 15" solitudes in need of a refurb as a spare set. Heres a photo the day i picked up the car [ATTACH=CONFIG]60213[/ATTACH]

I decided to have the original solitudes refurbed so heres a photo with them on [ATTACH=CONFIG]60225[/ATTACH]

That was just over a month ago and since then DG Autotech have done a major service on the car, replaced the suspension with coilovers, added DG cams and a remap to suit. It all now feels a whole lot better, the steering and ride is more responsive and it pulls like a train from 2k revs right up to the red line. I've now added 17" BBS RK split rim alloys which i'll add photos of tomorrow along with the interior.

Great news that you've found the car of your dreams. Links to the pictures don't seem to work for me. But it sounds great, even without them.

Looking good - any plans for it?

Thanks, now that I've sorted out the ride height and cams I want to concentrate on the bodywork and interior. It's got a few small rust spots around the top of the windscreen and under the spoiler where the number plate lights are. Interior wise im looking at removing the seats so I can clean them and the carpet properly. Got loads of things I want to do but just need to raise the cash 1st and hope the mrs is in a good mood when she finds out!! Lol

Rims look great - good job. 17"? Can you tell us the specs of the rim, including the offset on them? And what rubber did you get?

I think you've made a good choice with the large-spaced thin spokes. It really stands out. I prefer that look to the solid rim look. Your wheels apear to ahve a matted look. I personally will be looking for similar pattern, but all alloy shine. Great choice though.

Rims look great - good job. 17"? Can you tell us the specs of the rim, including the offset on them? And what rubber did you get?

I think you've made a good choice with the large-spaced thin spokes. It really stands out. I prefer that look to the solid rim look. Your wheels apear to ahve a matted look. I personally will be looking for similar pattern, but all alloy shine. Great choice though.

They are bbs rk504 17" x 7.5" with Yokohama parada tyres 205x40x17, offset of et35. The outer rims are metallic silver and the centres are gloss grey

Nice. Is it going to put your speedo out though? I'm still deciding 16" or 17". Definately the 17's look great. 16's would be a compromise for better ride comfort - and shouldn't mess with the speedo. Wonder what the chances are of getting 225 tyres on there, probably need a lesser et on the rims to fit.

Nice. Is it going to put your speedo out though? I'm still deciding 16" or 17". Definately the 17's look great. 16's would be a compromise for better ride comfort - and shouldn't mess with the speedo. Wonder what the chances are of getting 225 tyres on there, probably need a lesser et on the rims to fit.

Lol the speedo part doesn't bother me as I only use the car to have a blast on weekends!! I didn't really notice any difference going from 16" to 17" wheels

Congrats - Looks great.

So what's the little red grille badge I can see - a personal addition?

Thanks. Its a storm sticker that the previous owner put on the grill, i wasn't too sure at 1st but will probably keep it on now.

Love green Storms and I like it best on the Solitudes, looks like youve got a good one.

Personally I would lose the storm badge on the grille.

Love green Storms and I like it best on the Solitudes, looks like youve got a good one.

Personally I would lose the storm badge on the grille.

The solitudes are going to be advertised this week as gonna keep the bbs rk alloys instead. Just had a quick look at yours and it looks awesome!! Love the colour, love the alloys and love the recaro seats. Defiantly one of the best I've seen out there

Looks lovely. But another vote for solitudes and definitely lose the aftermarket front grill badge. Personal view obviously.

The solitudes are going to be advertised this week as gonna keep the bbs rk alloys instead. Just had a quick look at yours and it looks awesome!! Love the colour, love the alloys and love the recaro seats. Defiantly one of the best I've seen out there

Cheers for your comments on mine.

Definately dont sell the Solitudes (if you done have to), I reckon if you ever sell it, someone would expect it to come with them.

More pics please...

Iam a big fan of the solitude alloys myself. Nice to see another green storm are we outnumbering the blue storms yet :)

Car looks great on the bbs rims fancied a pair of those myself. Keep the solitudes as winter rims splitties ain't to keen on the cold and wet.

Car looks great on the bbs rims fancied a pair of those myself. Keep the solitudes as winter rims splitties ain't to keen on the cold and wet.

Thanks I do like the new wheels but dont know whether to keep them 2 tone or have them all silver?! I only use the car on dry days so won't ever use it in the depth of winter and if ever I did sell the car I'd buy some more solitudes to put on

Gutted, after having my radiator replaced on tuesday i ended up being made redundant today!!! Looks like i'll be advertising the car this weekend

:mad2: :censored:

That's an absolute gutter. Good luck finding a new job maybe you could hang on to see if something turns up before selling?

That's an absolute gutter. Good luck finding a new job maybe you could hang on to see if something turns up before selling?

Gonna see what happens over the next week regarding job front. Can't wait too long as mrs doesn't work either. She's fuming that I've spent £2500 on extras for the car in the last 3 months and wants rid of my weekend 'toy'. Gonna put the feelers out on a few sites

Got a busy day ahead tomorrow as gonna give the interior and exterior a good going over as its gotta go!! Watch this space.....

Buzzing!!! Car passed the MOT yesterday with no advisories. Also ive finally managed to sort out my job situation so can keep the car now!!!

:dance:

Edited by Bishbosh1