Sign in to follow this  
MikeVR6

Clocked Cars

Nothing to do with my own car but...

Does anyone know what action to take if you think a car has been clocked or if someone is selling a clocked car??

Who does one contact?

The police, trading standards??

If you've bought a car that's been clocked, report it to the police AND to trading standards ASAP. You've only got a certain ammount of time for comebacks (21days IIRC) after buying something....

If it's someone selling one, tell trading standards and they should be able to do something about it... 8)

Cool,

Just found this G60 advertised locally on Autotrader's site...

CLICK HERE

83,000 miles??

Funny that!

It showed over 150,000 miles when my mate sold it before Xmas for £1000.:shock: :shock:

*mod edit - shortened link for you 'cos it was HUGE! - Henny*

get the sod!!! Having bought a car that's been clocked, it's not a nice experience... :mad:

If you can prove that the milage is wrong, tell the trading standards people ASAP and they should do something about it... 8)

Trouble is, my mate's car IIRC had no official service history from 60k :(

Do the DVLA keep records of mileage from MOTs?

(Thanks for sorting the link Henny :wink: )

I don't think that the DVLA do, but the old MOTs will have the information on them, and you should be able to get these from the garage which supplied them... Also ask at your local VAG dealer and they'll let you know it's service history, what milage it was last serviced by them at (about 60K by the sounds of things) and more importantly when that last service was due... ;) That's how I confirmed that my car had been clocked, and roughly when it had been done... from there it was pretty easy to work out what the correct milage was... 8)

Has your mate got a copy of the advert he used to sell the car when it had 150k on it? That'd help too! ;)

When there is only a mobile phone number, thats usually a good sign their trying to hide something especially when they say "i'll meet you at such and such" , i.e. not their house

timo