Portent

I suddenly want a mk1 GTI again

Yeah they are nice but full of rot...my old red one

Picture1306.jpg

Prefer the mk2......my 20v

rollingroad1031.jpg

£13.5K. Dreaming. For that I would expect a barn find with delivery miles on it.

I see the sill's jacking lips have been folder over, like all MK1s. The sills on those cars were made of cheese.

My mate has a mk1 :)

Its got a 20v turbo in it, smoothed bay, sunroof delete and sprayed lambo gray!

Cool! I used to have a Mars red 16V MK1 but as C5 OEM said, it was a rust bucket underneath. You need to spend a fortune on MK1s just bringing them up to reasonable corrosion protection standards, let alone anything else!

I adore mk1s and at some point I will own a Cabby. I have a massive soft spot for them and I have a feeling my next car purchase will be a Cabby. It almost was last November when I found a rather nice looking one but when I phoned about it, it had already gone :( I suppose that was a good thing as 3 cars may be a little excessive for just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^ When I was looking at Corrado's I was also being a little unfaithful and looking at cabs. I came to the conclusion that a Sportline would be an interesting one to get. I think they will be the cabs that rise in value in years to come.

Maybe I'm just wanting to revisit my youth as my first ever car was a silver mk1 1.3 Driver. Great car. Between that, my Atlas grey mk2 16v and my silver blue mk2 Scirocco GTX I have some wonderful early driving memories. I used to simply go out for night time drives simply for the fun of it in those cars. That's something I haven't done for years, until I got the Corrado.

I've got one sat on my drive, not used it in a couple if years due to an electrical fault. Gorgeous car though, and goes like a go kart (it's had alot of engine and suspension/chassis work.)

2708bf0d.jpg

Beautiful car.

I'm a touch drunk now so getting a little sentimental. But I have wonderful memories of putting this into the cassette of my mk1 back in 1988. You can all laugh at my choice of music nowadays but this was good stuff 24 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtKADQnjQmc

Let the **** taking and the cheese commence :D

Edited by Portent

Tin top MK1s with the Rivage bodykit back in the early 90s was where they peaked for me.

For example, Jeroen Dik's huge spec'd car - http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=69876&start=45&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

There was also an utterly mint MK1 in a special Candy blue on 17" Stilauto Sigmas too, which dominated the VW shows and mags around 94-95 time. Built by Simon Faires. Then there was Mark Williams's standard looking Mars red example with a 16V turbo engine in it, which was a 1/4 demon.

They were the days. The scene is a bunch of old toss now.