coullstar

Ebay MRC VR6 Turbo

That really is a nice spec, what do you think a realistic price is?

Well I sold mine for just under £7k but it didnt have forged bottom end. Todays climate you woudlnt get that, it is on ED38 at the moment.

Thats where i've seen that plate before then, been up for sale for a little while.

He'll tell me to do one if I offer 5K :)

Spoken with him when it was last time on ebay and he will sell it for bargain 5k pounds.

If anyone is seriously interested in this, I would be willing to go and view it as it's in Coventry apparently..

Spoken with him when it was last time on ebay and he will sell it for bargain 5k pounds.

Yeah its down to £5.5k but that with an extra set of wheels. As you say total bargin. Must resist!!!!!

It most definitely will, I'm collecting it tmrw!

Already cleared the garage ready to keep it somewhere nice and dry. I feel like one lucky git getting a car like that for that price, looks like a real beauty and Dan (the owner) sounds like a top bloke from the conversations we have had.

just hope my driving skills are up to the job!

Cheers all

Sam

I asked a few questions about it. Seemed a very nice car and well put together. Comapred the RR graph to my old one and it was pretty much identical, should be a lot more fun when fully mapped.

I admit I only had a day driving a VR6 turbo so not exactly an authority but was surprised at how usable it was despite the horror stories of "front wheel drive only being good for 250BHP" and all that guff. I drove one on a fairly wet day and predictably if you were too heavy with the right foot it would immediately break traction. But if you were sympathetic in the first few gears you could make good progress then obviously in third and beyond it was absolutely devastating.

Enjoy - I'm not in the slightest bit jealous. Honest.

:)

Depends where the torque comes in Jim. Stealth's demo VRT is noticably laggier than mine was, mainly due to the standard tall gearing, front mount IC and the size of turbo. That car is definitely daily usable. Well, they all are if built properly. Too many bodging bar stewards trying to turbo a VR6 for £1000 litter all the forums with tales of unreliability and problems.

I admit I only had a day driving a VR6 turbo so not exactly an authority but was surprised at how usable it was despite the horror stories of "front wheel drive only being good for 250BHP" and all that guff. I drove one on a fairly wet day and predictably if you were too heavy with the right foot it would immediately break traction. But if you were sympathetic in the first few gears you could make good progress then obviously in third and beyond it was absolutely devastating.

Enjoy - I'm not in the slightest bit jealous. Honest.

:)

Very true! When done properly a VRT is very reliable and usable in all conditions. Mine's running 0.9 bar boost and I've experienced no turbo related problems in the last 12 months/ 5,000 miles.

As Jim said, if you mash your foot into the ground in the wet, in 1st/2nd, you're not going to make good progress (and look like a tit!).

Looks like a very good purchase, welcome to the forum!

Thanks very much guys,

I drove it back from the midlands to Devon the other day and it seems to drive very well, the road was a bit wet and this was certainly noticeable in the early gears if I was too heavy with the right foot but from 3rd onwards it was very stable and controlled when I put my foot down, even in the wet!

I knew it would be quick but holy **** How quick! (yes C5OEM, a spare pare of underpants really would have been a good idea!)

now I've had a good close look at it I can say it really is one very very well looked after car, there is one tiny blemish of rust on the front wing which I'm going to get sorted but other than that its very clean. The interior is immaculate and (as far as I can tell) the engine and running gear is all superb.

All in all I'm very happy with it and looking forward to getting out for some fun miles

I'll get some good pics up as soon as the weather improves

Cheers all

Thanks very much guys,

I drove it back from the midlands to Devon the other day and it seems to drive very well, the road was a bit wet and this was certainly noticeable in the early gears if I was too heavy with the right foot but from 3rd onwards it was very stable and controlled when I put my foot down, even in the wet!

I knew it would be quick but holy **** How quick! (yes C5OEM, a spare pare of underpants really would have been a good idea!)

now I've had a good close look at it I can say it really is one very very well looked after car, there is one tiny blemish of rust on the front wing which I'm going to get sorted but other than that its very clean. The interior is immaculate and (as far as I can tell) the engine and running gear is all superb.

All in all I'm very happy with it and looking forward to getting out for some fun miles

I'll get some good pics up as soon as the weather improves

Cheers all

When i drove my mk2 20v home i was shaking...!!!! drove it like i stole it across woodhead pass. loved it but OMG **** my pants.

Looks a great car at silly cheap money...welcome to the forum and corrado`s...your wallet will never be the same

Nice purchase, start a gallery and get some pics up and what C5 OEM said >> Looks a great car at silly cheap money...welcome to the forum and corrado`s...your wallet will never be the same

They really should be renamed the "Holy Sh_it" car as everyone I took in mine said those words as soon as the loud pedal was pressed. Im very envious.