TheVims79

Will a 1989 Porsche 930S Steering wheel fit in a Volkswagen Corrado?

Will some body at least give a valid answer or help me out on this one? Some body has to know if this Steering wheel will work? Any body? sos:shrug:

do you not need a boss kit for this wheel,in which case try finding out if one is made for it ,if so it should fit "i think"

Anne:scratch:

keep your pants on!!

Do you mean this style?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]60849[/ATTACH]

i've seen them in mk1 & 2 golfs so spline size should be the same or you may need an adaptor bought from vw for a few quid.

personally, i think it would look terrible in a rado as they're massive. in a retro styled mk1 they look ok as its period to have a big wheel.

give it a go, they're available cheap and sell it on E38 if you cant get it to work.

Depending on year, Mk1 and Mk2 Golfs may need the smaller sized spline; VW changed the type in about 1989. Fret not, all Corrados use a small splined steering column, with an adapter ring that turns it into the large size :) Simply remove the adapter and off you go - they're very tight so you'll need some WD40 and a gear puller, but they do come off. Alternatively, cut it off and buy a new one from VW if you go back to an original wheel, it's 191 419 514 and should be under a tenner.

Since I've lovely (and I had a steering column to hand!), here's a picture:

spline-adapter.jpg

Stone

Edited by Stonejag

keep your pants on!!

Do you mean this style?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]60849[/ATTACH]

i've seen them in mk1 & 2 golfs so spline size should be the same or you may need an adaptor bought from vw for a few quid.

personally, i think it would look terrible in a rado as they're massive. in a retro styled mk1 they look ok as its period to have a big wheel.

give it a go, they're available cheap and sell it on E38 if you cant get it to work.

Thanks man for the help but no that is not the wheel because your right that wheel is terribly ugly Lol! The Steering wheel is called a Porsche 930S Steering wheel they made them back in 1988 to 1989. I think they would fit in a V-Dub golf too your right. Believe me if i had the wheel i would have tried it on the Steering Column to see if it would fit but i don't yet because the wheel cost about $285.00 there not cheap. Here check out this picture this is the exact Porsche 930S steering wheel that im talking about. Personally i love this wheel and i think it looks awesome! Let me know your thoughts Thanks man :cheers:

930S_wheel-dash.jpg

---------- Post added at 8:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:22 PM ----------

Depending on year, Mk1 and Mk2 Golfs may need the smaller sized spline; VW changed the type in about 1989. Fret not, all Corrados use a small splined steering column, with an adapter ring that turns it into the large size :) Simply remove the adapter and off you go - they're very tight so you'll need some WD40 and a gear puller, but they do come off. Alternatively, cut it off and buy a new one from VW if you go back to an original wheel, it's 191 419 514 and should be under a tenner.

Since I've lovely (and I had a steering column to hand!), here's a picture:

spline-adapter.jpg

Stone

Thanks Mate but at this point i dont even own the Car yet im actually planning out What Mods ill be doing to the car so i twill look nice and sweet by the time that its here hopefully ill have the Car by this Summer time that's my Goal. Im getting her Ready for the New Season so she will be nice and happy when she see all the goodies that i got for her lol!

---------- Post added at 8:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:26 PM ----------

do you not need a boss kit for this wheel,in which case try finding out if one is made for it ,if so it should fit "i think"

Anne:scratch:

The folks here basically say that it should fit right on the spline shaft is basically the same

wouldn,t say no tothis wheel dude,this is the wheel i seen when i googled it:thumbleft:

That looks nice although I'm not a fan of Porsche badges in vw's.

it wouldnt be my first choice,i,m a momo girl,but i know where4 your coming from with the porsche badge

Sounds like you need to get one bought so that you can do the forum a favour and let us know if it fits. If it doesn't, sell it for what you paid for it, and move on! :)

Porsche owns Volkswagen that's the whole idea behind it that's one of the reason's why i think it would be a clever idea plus it's a really awesome sporty looking wheel :dance:

---------- Post added at 4:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 4:40 AM ----------

Sounds like you need to get one bought so that you can do the forum a favour and let us know if it fits. If it doesn't, sell it for what you paid for it, and move on! :)

I here yeah man actually it might sound funny for me to say this but i have seen the Porsche 930S steering wheel on a Corrado in a Volkswagen Dub Magazine a few years ago so the idea on whether or not it fits is true because i think it does fit from the V Dub Magazine that i saw it in.:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Porsche owns Volkswagen that's the whole idea behind it that's one of the reason's why i think it would be a clever idea plus it's a really awesome sporty looking wheel :dance:

I think you are a bit late with putting Porsche bits on vw's. It's not new I'm afraid.

I think you are a bit late with putting Porsche bits on vw's. It's not new I'm afraid.

I don't know why most people on here seem to think if you mention something that you want to do on your Car it has to be your Idea. Im not looking to compete with anyone or trying to see if i can come up with a new Idea if i was i would tell you hey man i have a new Idea. Regardless this wheel is not something many people do anyway so considering that it's a pretty great idea lol!

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

Your right it does look good although some might not like the Porsche Badge because of being in A Volkswagen but you can't forget that the Heart and Soul from VW come from Porsche and that's what counts !:dance:

Thanks man i appreciate that. I checked out that link and those are some nice wheels. I live in the USA im from the Suffolk county Long island NY area and hey I wouldn't mind paying that Price of $79.00 Euro for a Porsche 930S steering wheel i wonder what the currency exchange rating would be Verse a US dollar? Its all written in German anyways i cant read any of it even though i am 25% German lol but i like the Photo's though. Thanks man! :cheers:

Use Google to translate or copy and paste the item number into Ebay USA.

If you are interested in any of them, contact the seller, its surprising how many Germans speak/understand English :cool:

For reference >> 79.00 EUR = 104.579 USD

Edited by BILLCOR

Use Google to translate or copy and paste the item number into Ebay USA.

If you are interested in any of them, contact the seller, its surprising how many Germans speak/understand English :cool:

For reference >> 79.00 EUR = 104.579 USD

Thanks a lot man i will do. Where are you from the Uk or something?

This is a UK forum. We're almost all in the UK on here!