p0l1wrath

Changing the engine/gearbox mount

Hello,

i need to change my engine gearbox mount, the one to the right of the engine (when looking from the front of the car), the bolts are verticle, top and bottom and it seems like an easyish job, so other then the usual's (making sure the engine is supported properly), is there anything else to look out for whilst im doing this job? and are there any steps by steps on anything that needs removing or anything of that nature, just want to make sure i dont get stuck under there for hours, because its a sunday so part places will be shut early?

Thanks in advance :)

Its just one long bolt. Just get a trolley jack underneath the gearbox to support it whilst your changing it, and you can do it all from above. Should be a simple and straightforward job. :ignore::grin:

wicked looks pretty simple to me just wanted to make sure i didnt need anything special, tools or something gets in the way or something like that but thanks for the help, means ill get wet for less time :)

Hmmm... I'm sure it's two 13mm bolts to keep the mount attached to the subframe, and a 15mm from mount to gearbox. Asuming the VR6 is the same as others, then you'll be best off removing the gearbox support that attaches to the right hand side of the box and onto the mount - 2x17mm nut and bolts. THis saves you having to lift the box too high.

Fairly easy to access most, but can be tight of you have to get good leverage to crack anything off. unless I've been over complicating things, it's def not jsut one long bolt?

Jamie your right, I'm such a tool I was just thinking about removing the GB from the mount for some stupid reason! Yes its two 13mm bolts for the mount itself to subframe. Should still be straightforward though and relatively easy. All will become apparent when your there. :bonk:

Ok cheers, seems quite straight forward, I'm sure it'll be ok when I'm underneath so I can have a real look

Thanks for the help :)

So now you've done the gearbox, the front and rears will really need to be replaced. and just by good fortune, there is a group buy that is waiting for a few more takers... :)

In all seriousness tho, they will make a lovely enhancement, most mounts will be past their best, these ones will tighten up nicely and are a cracking price. 24vRenshaw is running is if you're intetested,

J

With a really long extension on your socket wrench to undo the bolt, then from underneath I reckon for removal/replacement.