Sign in to follow this  
insomniak

First full tank emptied

I was looking at how many miles etc I got out of full tank (new car/toy etc) and looking at the mfa2 I had 324 miles at 26-7ish mpg. - is this average?

My old golf Gti Mk3 would do 350ish on full tank so im quite supprised as I thought is would be a lot less.

Once I get used to the car this will probably drop :(

324 miles from a complete tank gives you an average of 21.6mpg.

27mpg seems to be the average for most VR6s. Crusing at 70 on the motorway can often yield figures in the low to mid 30s though.

Yeah, town driving on a tank lasts around 300miles. But hit the motorway's at a cruise and you'll be getting over 400 to the tank!! Plenty!

My record is just over 500 miles from a tank (33mpg) when I first got the car was taking it real easy. Never had anything like that since :lol:

Getting to know the car a bit now, with the odd blast over 100 :) so im not expecting anywhere near as many miles this time round :(

Holy octane batman!!! Im lucky too see 200 out of my G60. But the tank is a piddily 40 liters or so. Not like my golf - 55liter which I get 300mile out of. So is there a different size tank in the VR6 and G60 out of interest ????

Earlier G60's had the smaller tank, later ones and all VR6's had the meatier tank. When my G60 is very empty, it'll take £50's worth of fuel.. which has me breaking out in a sweat when I actually have to go up and pay for it! :)

Mileage varies out of mine.. but about 260 from a tank doing town driving - well over 300 when doing a steady motorway run.

it'll take £50's worth of fuel..

Kind of stings a bit doesn't it??

I just put the odd £20 in nown again now as £50 is just too depressing. Plus the car performs a wee bit better with less weight.

K

i usally put £55.00 in mind at the end of ONE WEEK !!!! :!: :cry: and for a student that kinda kicks... LOL my mate on their hair dryers (50cc mopeds) spend about £5 a week.....

Mark mcie.

My G60 (chipped and pullied) has the smaller tank and will do 300 miles of quite hard driving on one tank, if you are only getting 200 miles you want to check the engine over a bit I reckon. :shock:

Jay.

My G60 (chipped and pullied) has the smaller tank and will do 300 miles of quite hard driving on one tank, if you are only getting 200 miles you want to check the engine over a bit I reckon.

Jay.

Yeah, Deffo, mines currently giving over 350 miles from full to red and being driven fairly hard too! I have the 15G tank tho...

Shit you serious !!!

But if your getting 300 miles too a smaller tank then you must be getting some really good fuel consumption. Id only get 300 miles to a 55 liter tank in my 16v Golf so didnt think the Corrado was that bad. Maybe Ill book in for a Rolling Road session if you think its using too much fuel.

Cheers

Mark mcie.

My G60 (chipped and pullied) has the smaller tank and will do 300 miles of quite hard driving on one tank, if you are only getting 200 miles you want to check the engine over a bit I reckon. :shock:

Jay.

do u think it would need tunign then if its using too much fuel?? cos my MFA always shows 21mpg around town and short journeys...and i normally put in £10 every 2days or so....and go work and back and mates and back..about 20miles a day.

Thats a 1.8 16v from 1991...so probably smallest tank.