Portent

Which silver paint for cam cover

I've just got a spare cam cover and want to spray it to freshen it up. Which silver paint do people recommend to get close to OEM? I guess I will need high temperature paint too?

for the manifold, can this be then sprayed with clear lacquer for a bit of a shine or is there a gloss version of the VHT paint?

Also what about silver hammerite spray?

i used halfords rover/ pulasr silver then sealed it with petrol resistant lacquer, and fairly im pressed with the result, will take a picture this afternoon andput it up

Allumablast from Frost for the OEM look but i'd think about getting it blasted and powdercoated

Beat me to it even if I did introduce you to it...

You will not need high temp. paint even for the manifold as it never gets really hot due to the cool air constantly passing throught it from the air filter. You can place your hand on it even after a run with no ill effects. The pic below shows mine which was painted using standard two pack and lacquer about two years ago and it still looks exactly the same.

P3070033.jpg

as promised a pic, you'll have to excuse the few finger marks as i have just been servicing her,