TheVims79

Audi TT VR6 3.2 Ltr Swap into a Corrado G60

Hello everyone im looking to do an engine swap from a Corrado G60 and swap in a 2006 Audi tt 3.2 Ltr Vr6 Engine. Do you know what parts i would need to do it? Do i need the Audi TT 6 speed manual tranny to ? Also do i need to swap out the ECU that's the Electronic control unit or can i just put in a Jumper ECU to make the change? Also do i need custom Axles? I think i probablly would if so where can i get custom axles made? Please help thanks :scratch:

The R32 mates up to a standard VR6 Gearbox. The 02M 6 speed is a faff to fit, so I wouldn't bother unless you really want 6 cogs.

Probably best to fit a VR6 subframe and drivetrain and 5 stud rear discs. Wide track :D

Yes you will need the R32 ECU and the loom modifying for Corrado use, plus the ECU will need the immobiliser removing and the emissions controls switching off. Stealth or SWICT can do this for you. I think SWICT charge about £500+VAT for the loom and ECU work and a bit more for a higher hp map.

Have a look at KipVR's thread for a shining example of what can be done, and also my thread (kevhaywire's Corrado R32) and quickly180's, and there's also a fitting guide in the knowledge base.

You will also need a downpipe, which can either be custom or a UnitedMotorsport sell a purpose made one for the conversion, but you will need 2.8 24V (AUE) manifolds to go with it.

The R32 mates up to a standard VR6 Gearbox. The 02M 6 speed is a faff to fit, so I wouldn't bother unless you really want 6 cogs.

Probably best to fit a VR6 subframe and drivetrain and 5 stud rear discs. Wide track :D

Yes you will need the R32 ECU and the loom modifying for Corrado use, plus the ECU will need the immobiliser removing and the emissions controls switching off. Stealth or SWICT can do this for you. I think SWICT charge about £500+VAT for the loom and ECU work and a bit more for a higher hp map.

Have a look at KipVR's thread for a shining example of what can be done, and also my thread (kevhaywire's Corrado R32) and quickly180's, and there's also a fitting guide in the knowledge base.

You will also need a downpipe, which can either be custom or a UnitedMotorsport sell a purpose made one for the conversion, but you will need 2.8 24V (AUE) manifolds to go with it.

Thanks alot man i really appreciate it. When you say R32 your talking about the VW engine right? when you say 02m what are you talking about the Audi transmission? So i would need to modify and install a VR6 subframe too? Do i need that so that the V6 Audi TT engine will fit? Wide track sounds like a Gem indeed chap! So basically are you saying that i can use the R32 ECU for The Audi TT Engine also? Or can you only use the R32 Ecu for the R32 engine? :shrug:

I dont know what the Loom is. Im not familur with the Immobilser and i don't know what Stealth or Swict is either i guess there a tuning company that works on Electronics . Well ok thanks for your support man ill look into these parts . Right now im just making a plan for all of the things i need im not actually starting it just yet . Ill check those other threads out that you talked about . Thanks man!

its not exactly a guide but alot of the info you need to know is in here, theres loads of different ways to go about this conversion, some people will do it diferentley to others so have a good read and then ask questions, as the questions your asking now are all in there, good luck

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?20610-Definitive-24v-into-a-(VR)-Corrado-thread

TheVims79,where are you based,?

Im Live in the USA and i live in the Suffolk county Long Island Ny area . How about you? Why where you wondering?

---------- Post added at 5:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 5:40 AM ----------

its not exactly a guide but alot of the info you need to know is in here, theres loads of different ways to go about this conversion, some people will do it diferentley to others so have a good read and then ask questions, as the questions your asking now are all in there, good luck

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?20610-Definitive-24v-into-a-(VR)-Corrado-thread

Thanks Sport that helps me out alot. Ill read into that.:dance:

Thanks alot man i really appreciate it. When you say R32 your talking about the VW engine right? when you say 02m what are you talking about the Audi transmission? So i would need to modify and install a VR6 subframe too? Do i need that so that the V6 Audi TT engine will fit? Wide track sounds like a Gem indeed chap! So basically are you saying that i can use the R32 ECU for The Audi TT Engine also? Or can you only use the R32 Ecu for the R32 engine? :shrug:

I dont know what the Loom is. Im not familur with the Immobilser and i don't know what Stealth or Swict is either i guess there a tuning company that works on Electronics . Well ok thanks for your support man ill look into these parts . Right now im just making a plan for all of the things i need im not actually starting it just yet . Ill check those other threads out that you talked about . Thanks man!

If you're in America, the VW Vortex or CorradoClub of Canada might be better bets for you!

R32 / Audi TT V6, same thing.

02M is just the model designation for the 6 Speed manual trans in the Audi. 02A is the 5 speed in the Corrado.

You would be better off selling your G60 and buying an SLC as it has all the running gear, radiator, hoses, engine mounts etc etc you will need for the conversion.

Yes you can use an R32 ECU and harness on an Audi V6 and vice versa. At the end of the day, the ECU harness just needs a power supply and a ground, so it needs to be modified accordingly so that it can be connected to Corrado harness. And the software within the ECU needs modifying to suit a FWD application because R32s/TTs talk to the Haldex, the ABS, the Steering angle sensor, the dash and the yaw sensors. All of that needs deleting, as well as the 2 post cat lambdas.

Separate ecu's for drivechain and engine Kev, they do talk to each other though.

And a 3rd ECU if it's a DSG car ;)

But yep, you're right. I just meant the communications between all the systems need defeating as to not throw the ECU into limp mode :D

If you're in America, the VW Vortex or CorradoClub of Canada might be better bets for you!

R32 / Audi TT V6, same thing.

02M is just the model designation for the 6 Speed manual trans in the Audi. 02A is the 5 speed in the Corrado.

You would be better off selling your G60 and buying an SLC as it has all the running gear, radiator, hoses, engine mounts etc etc you will need for the conversion.

Yes you can use an R32 ECU and harness on an Audi V6 and vice versa. At the end of the day, the ECU harness just needs a power supply and a ground, so it needs to be modified accordingly so that it can be connected to Corrado harness. And the software within the ECU needs modifying to suit a FWD application because R32s/TTs talk to the Haldex, the ABS, the Steering angle sensor, the dash and the yaw sensors. All of that needs deleting, as well as the 2 post cat lambdas.

That sounds like alot of electrical work . Yeah there used to be a site called Corrado club of America but ever since the Founder died and passed away the Moderators of the site just couldn't keep up with it any more and it closed down that was over 7 years ago.. Thanks for telling me about Corrado club of Canada and VW vortex ive herd of them but the chaps over there aren't as great as you guys are over here. I like the atmosphere of people over here better and the theres better idea's and Mods that are going on over here to. I havn't bought a G60 yet right now im just planning everything i did Mention the G-60 only because there's one for sale in my Are for 1k in puke Bumble Bee yellow the Ugliest color ever lol! Well anyhow thanks for your help man. :cool:

Edited by TheVims79

We hear that quite a lot and thanks for the kind words :D

Well get yourself an SLC and an R32/TT engine purchased and we can take it from there :thumbleft:

TheVims79,where are you based,?

Im from suffolk County New York USA. How about yourself where are you from?

Sunny Kent (UK)

Good deal man perhaps if i ever see the next Corrado blimp i can fly over there and see all these great Corrado's that you guys have until then ill build the dream here and tell everyone about it but that's quite a bit from now. Im building it so i guess that's what counts!

---------- Post added at 6:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 6:24 AM ----------

We hear that quite a lot and thanks for the kind words :D

Well get yourself an SLC and an R32/TT engine purchased and we can take it from there :thumbleft:

Absolutely sport much regards to you guys over here. It's been uplifting the support weave had here to achieve the goals of things! :smug: