Crispy Squirrel

Replacement speakers Front doors & Rear

Anyone know the size of replacement speakers needed for the front two ?

and the size of the small rectangular speakers behind the passenger seats !?

Nearly all of mine have blown / sound ****. Carl

What about the speakers on the dashboard (also, are there 3 speakers there, or only two?)?

And are there any modifications required in order to fit 5.25's in the front doors? It looks like my stock speakers are 4".

Ok, so nevermind. I just replaced my front door speakers, and the 5.25's fit no problem.

Is there any special way to take out the 4x6's in the back?

I took off the grill but there is still a plastic (looks like it could be some kind of protector) covering the speaker. Am I supposed to remove the plastic protector, or do you just take the speaker out from underneath?

I just did my rear speakers.

I think there are about 4 nuts to remove and a screw which holds the speaker shelf in place near the back of the seat.

Once the speaker shelf is out there are another couple of screws to remove and then the speaker and it's carrier will pop out. There's actually no need to remove the grille as it's attached to the carrier.

I had to set the Dremel to work on the underside of the grille just to make enough room on the carrier to clear the new speaker's tweeter. No big drama though. I also used the dremel on the new speaker to widen the mounting holes as it was pretty tight when mounting it back in the carrier.

James

Edited by efil4sbuD

I replaced the 6x4s in mine & thought it was a complete waste of time..... at the end of the day your arent going to geta good sounds out of a speaker that size.

I also changed the 5.25" fronts but have sold them.

Id watch out for some Audiscape pods or similar which will enable you to fit 6.5" compos in the front.

Yeah, I just replaced by rear 4x6's with 4 inch kickers using a bracket I bought from sonicelectronix.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_4973_Scosche-SAJ46.html?from=857-141-166

In my opinion the 4 inch kickers sound way better than any 4x6's (but I also have a sub in the trunk, so I'm not looking for bass from my speakers).

I also replaced the dash speakers and can confirm that they are 3.5'' speakers.

I put a JL sub and alpine amp in the boot, with JBL front components, and the shelf speakers disconnected... and it sounds excellent in my non-expert opinion.

glad i read these posts now was goingto replace the 6x4's in te back of mine think i will just wire in the 6x9's in the parcel shelf and see how it sounds before i put in a bass :)

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

have also just put some pioneer 13 cms in the doors just the dash ones to sort now :)