Sign in to follow this  
Dec

"smart volume" connection!

My new headunit has a smart volume line in; through iso plug A1.....(adjusts stereo volume in relation to the cars speed)....is it possible to connect this to the speedo in the car?...if so does anyone know which wire behind the clocks (colour coding?) to connect it to????

It's a 1990 16V by the way!!

The speed sensor wire for the stereo in a Corrado is blue with a white tracer... Don't be too suprised if your spoiler stops working automatically once you've connected it up though... :? :roll:

Most people just tape this wire up and keep it well out of the way as it tends to be more hassle than it's worth... ;)

hmmm....will give it a try I guess.....as long as the spolier will start working again if I disconnect the stereo from it!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

hmmm....will give it a try I guess.....as long as the spolier will start working again if I disconnect the stereo from it!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

usually does, it just confuses the control unit and stops it from sending the auto up and down signals... :roll:

Ok...Thanks!! Will give it a shot tomorrow, when I can see what I'm doing :)

MY OEM german radio for my C has this function, turns the radio up as you get faster. it just depends on how the unit you've handles the signal.

is this blue/white speed sensor wire in the incoming loom for the OE stereo?? or do you specifically have to cut it from behind the dash once you find it?

A diode might help on the end of the blue/white wire so that current is allowed into the headunit but the headunit can't put current back onto the wire, upsetting the spoiler box.

Haven't tried it, just theorising :lol:

K

The blue/white wire is part of the normal wiring loom, just as mentioned, not used very often. IIRC it was especially for the Blaupunkt Gamma radio.

ohhh....my alpine 9815RB unit is connected to the normal loom...but i guess theres no speed sensor wire on the alpine then for it to take full effect.

I have the old blaupunkt....might just ave it in one day to show off that volume increases as you speed up..

I know my cousin had it as standard in his 95 prelude vtec. :cry: