Portent

Clarkson quote on coupe's

Just found this and thought I'd share:

Jeremy Clarkson on coupe's:

"However, I do not understand why some coupes make the grade and others do not. Everyone knows, for instance, that the Corrado was as tasty as an East End prize fighter with the looks of a Benetti super-yacht. The four-cylinder was good, but the VR6 was about as close as you could get to Ferraridom without buying a Ferrari. And what happened? You all went to the pub instead."

http://www.topgear.com/uk/jeremy-clarkson/clarkson-xfiles-08-1997

Nice Ferrari-esque quote and summed up the sales quite well.

EDIT: And while we're at it... Corrado VR6 the "cheap skate alternative to an Audi R8" (lol as if!): 29 mins 45 secs here:

http://www.streetfire.net/video/fifth-gear-season-16-episode-1-full-episode_688074.htm

Judging by the number plate it's rsgntx car :)

Edited by Portent

Just saw this interview - and was thinking of posting the quote - thought it was quite cool anyway :)

And in the end I guess Clarkson have a soft spot for the Corrado - he used to own a Scirocco back in the days (there where a Top Gear episode he showed a picture of himself in the youth with the Scirocco - can't remember episode though)....:)

But fun comment non the less :)

I liked the quote he made from the Ford Probe review when he was comparing the test cars to coffee:

"The Corrado is like an espresso, one shot and it blows your head off". :-)