Daemo

hi from new zealand

hi guys, living down here in nz origionaly from kettering, northamptonshire and a passionate life long watercooled vw fan, currently have a 1984 golf gti 8v, 1990 corrado 16v and a mk5 golf gti.... the corrado is one of around 12 nz new cars and there arnt many more than around 20 in nz so supply of parts is really limited, in fact all earlier vw cars golfs etc are really thin on the ground and they dont come up for sale often. my rado is a white 16v in as it came from the factory spec, ie not lowered etc or modified.. hopefully i might be able to get a few parts from you guys..

shipping anything here is expensive, but if you want or need something i have no choice there are virtually no parts cars here, its a small price to pay for living in a place where there only 4 million people and roads are generally traffic free..

It might be worth getting a list of things together that you either need now or are likely to need in the future. e.g. stock up on spares of things like sensors, etc. Then see if you can get them from someone breakign a car and save on shipping costs overall.

hi mate.was in new zealand a few years back and i would love to take my g60 on a road trip over there!!my mate lives in ashburton and has a pug 205 19 gti.cant be many of them there either!!

actually, i think that pug is up for sale or was on "vask" vw forum, no there arnt many.. all us pommes over here know how good they were back in the day but very small folloing now and most fall apart the same as they did from around a year old...

I spent 5 weeks in NZ in 2001, and only saw one Corrado the whole time I was there. It was white and in Auckland - Could have been yours.

thanks for the welcomes guys, 7 years on from moving to nz i still miss the cheap and easy to get car parts..

i know that corrado he is on vask but i dont know him personally, very nice looking rado tho.

thanks.